AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 3 weeks whenever my replay connects to update its software it hangs. I will wake up in the morning turn on the TV and it will say "checking for software updates press stop to abort" or something to that affect along the bottom of the screen. Pressing stop or the power button does nothing, I need to physically unplug the device to get it to respond. As soon as it reboots it combines the program listings so I know it is able to make the connection via the phone line. Anyone seen this / Know the fix?

Brian

·
Registered
98 Posts
Go into menu, setup, network and input settings, change telephone.

When you get to the dialing prefix screen, press the Zones button on the remote. This will bring up the modem settings. Hilite max connect speed (default) and hit the right arrow key on the remote. This will slow the modem down to 33.6 baud. If this still doesn't help you may need to slow the modem down even farther.

·
Registered
185 Posts
BTW, this is an oft-reported problem (you may want to search the forum for other threads). FWIW, nothing, including the 'slow modem' trick, ever consistently fixed the problem for me - I just force connect every few days now, and await (and await, and await) the next software release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.