AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
I don't know this particular product, but I've had good luck with Pro Series Pelican products in the past.

Kensai

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Ok now that I have hooked everything up I realize there are some drawbacks to this box.

I still think it is a worthy box but the problem is that there are THREE ethernet inputs only and 3 Optical inputs only. They are all on the same three inputs which means if you have the equipment like I do:

XBOX- Optical + Ethernet

DVD player- Optical

PS2- optical+Ethernet

Laptop- Ethernet

HD Sat box- optical

TO name a few :)

See the problem? The DVD needs an optical but no Ethernet, the Laptop only needs Ethernet. The HD box only needs optical.

So I find some inputs wasted unless for a couple of items I use the unused inputs which means some have to share.

I wish that they had just added a couple more optical inputs.

On the positive side I like the fact there is a component input in the FRONT for those of us who may move a game system from room to room.

As far as the build quality, it is a bit on the chinsy side but not bad. The plugs feel sturdy and tight.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have this switch. As Dean (fellow LCVG'r ;)) pointed out, it does have it's limitations, but you can't deny the great price. No idea if it's better than the JVC unit.

Anyway, it works well. I'm running my DVD player though with components and I haven't noticed any problems. I do, however, have an early Wega TV which only does 480i. I also have a PC, Dreamcast, GC, and Xbox (plan to upgrade to component) running through it via S-Video. Again, no problems with the video or sound. My only minor quibble is that after powering it off and back on, it defaults to the first port.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.