AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble choosing a system selector to use for my 360, wii, and dvd player. I have looked at the Joytech 240C and the Pelican System selector pro 2.0, but both have mixed reviews so I would like some more input before I pick one up. All I need is more component inputs that wont degrade HD signal.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I have the pelican and stopped using it.. It made my HD have horiz. lines on the screen.. It's sitting in my closet collecting dust.. Maybe one day I'll get around to setting it on fire.. Buy the other one and save the reciept..

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking for more of a quick fix because I am going to buy a new reciever around november, probably the new onkyo 605, but I was just looking for something cheap that would do the trick but it is looking hit or miss with the cheap ones so I may have to buck up the dough and get a decent selector or just get the reciever faster.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have the pelican 2.0. Im pretty sure its the one i got. Mine has a blue lcd on the front and a remote. If that is the one your talking about, I love it. no loss of signal and multible optical ports is mostly what i got it for. Remote is sweet. Also i havent hooked up the lan portion but i think its a great feature.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont want to be that cheap that is really a pain the hind end anyway. Which is why I am trying to get a selector. The only place I can find it is on newegg and I dont want to have to ship it back if it is one of the screwy ones you know. The pelican that is.

·
Registered
174 Posts
rahimlee54,

I have had my 240 for about 8 months never had a problem with it. bought it at best buy. Not alot of money, like blasst said you get what you pay for. are there better products on the market, you betcha. but this fits my needs for now.

steve

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tha is the way I am leaning too but I dont knwo how long before I can get it because I want a Sanyo Z-5 so my 360 will be 106" of prettiness. But I may scrouge the cash together and just get the reciever.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've read that the Pelicans are flaky and I can attest to the fact that the Psyclone doesn't play nice with the Wii. Issues I had were any time I had a very bright white screen (like the Wii dashboard) it would lose sync for some reason and I'd get no input on my TV. Also had some issues with my PS2 and GT4. I wound up just sucking it up and getting a Zektor HDS4.1. 4 in, 1 out with optical and coaxial audio on each input. Can also convert from optical to coax so you can mix the inputs and have only 1 output to your receiver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.