AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should we let the set top boxes to scale the image? That is, using DVI to the HLM507W with 720p output from the set top boxes. Also, since there are not any corresponding audio inputs with the DVI port on the 507, how can one send the audio signal to the HLM507W when using DVI (I know the preferred way is to let the audio go through your sound system using digital output from the boxes)?

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
I thought the computer audio inputs were also intended for DVI. I don't have one yet to test, but I had the same concern and came to that conclusion.

As far as letting the boxes scale, what real choice do we have? There is no "native" output. So depending on the signal type you get, you'll have to let the box scale anyway.

You have to watch those settings though. They mess with things in ways you wouldn't expect them to (I'm just speaking from experience with the 160's 480i output). I won't even probably touch the 1080i setting.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by turls
... As far as letting the boxes scale, what real choice do we have? There is no "native" output. So depending on the signal type you get, you'll have to let the box scale anyway.

You have to watch those settings though. They mess with things in ways you wouldn't expect them to (I'm just speaking from experience with the 160's 480i output). I won't even probably touch the 1080i setting.
Most OTA HD signal will be 1080i, should we output 1080i from the boxes and let the 507 down scale the signal? Or, should we output 720P from the boxes (let the boxes to down scale in this case), since that is the native resolution for the 507?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pspun
Also, since there are not any corresponding audio inputs with the DVI port on the 507, how can one send the audio signal to the HLM507W when using DVI?
I have the audio signal from my T165 attached to the PC audio in on the 507. I sort of panicked when I saw that there were no audio inputs with the DVI port on my 507, but this way worked fine.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.