AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a crazy idea so I thought I would fly it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

I have an empty 3.5" bay and I was trying to think of something cool to put in there. It occurred to me that an integrated T-amp would be sweet. It seems to me the chip would fit in the space. You would attach the output of the sound card to the input of the T-amp, power it off the PSU, and run the speaker wire out the back. The chips I've seen have a knob, which would protrude from the bay cover, or better yet, find some way to control the volume from the computer.

Does anyone know if this would be possible?

An example would be MKll Version Tripath TA2020 PCB 25w CLass-T amplifier on eBay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently this can also be achieved via PCI amplifier card, but it is noisy due to interference and power supply. I guess a separate box is better. Too bad, I'm always on the lookout to get rid of two more wires and a box.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Would /forum/post/18304210

Apparently this can also be achieved via PCI amplifier card, but it is noisy due to interference and power supply. I guess a separate box is better. Too bad, I'm always on the lookout to get rid of two more wires and a box.

Not true in the case of the MSI Diva motherboard with an amp. The sound quality on that is supposed to be fantastic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts