AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to NAD Customer Service, a software upgrade is now available for the T752 and T762 surround sound receivers.

I don't know what all the fixes are, but it includes the ability to disable on-screen display of volume level and eliminate the per-decibel beep present when adjusting the volume on video material.

I've been told you can get this through some dealers, or through an NAD warranty repair center. Anyone already have the update installed, or better yet, have the installer?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Odd, I'm not aware of this. I'm usually in the know here. The T752 had an upgrade on the first shipment due to noisy fans and some glitches that needed to be addressed. The onscreen display is EASILY disabled by using an S-Video record output. I have doubts that you can disable the slight electronic clicking at high volumes with software. It's very benign anyway. But I'll check

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been in contact with NAD regarding this for sometime, and they have offered to send me replacement microchips for the T752 I own.

I am not aware that this fixes the beep with volume adjustment problem (Due to OSD as fsckd states) but I have already emailed NAD to check. This ticking occurs due to the volume bar being displayed on the OSD (Whether you are viewing it or not). On my T752 it is particularly bad - I can hear it clearly at all volume levels from my listening position, 2 metres, unless it is particularly high and the music masks it.

As for the new software, I can confirm:

1. Adds naming of inputs to the T752

2. Reduces the mute time that the DSP needs while sorting out which type of signal it has on a digital input.

3. Front panel buttons can now be used whilst OSD is active.

For the T752, it requires a replacement of 2 micros on the PCB mounted to the front panel. Not sure yet whether it's a solder job, or a simple swap out (They may be plugged in). I was offered the chips direct.

I will post the results of the upgrade once it's done - hopefully in the next few weeks.

I have suggested to NAD that they add a new "benign" stereo DSP mode available for analog sources in any new software releases. This would be a stereo mode with bass management enabled (ie a ADC/Bass management/DAC mode). Whether they take this on board is another matter. Perhaps if more people suggest this to them, it'll give them greater motivation?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.