AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm toying with the notion of adding additional tilt to my table to raise the projection height and canting a fixed screen (which I'd have to buy, using walls these days) to partially/fully compensate for keystoning effects. The intent is to keep a marginally functional coffee table model for the projector box rather than raise the top to nearly 3.5 ft off the ground. In lieu of just trying it (which I don't have time to do for a while) I thought I'd open up the field for discussion on the subject to tickle my brain whilst I wait for a better time to actually experiment.

Basic info: BG800 projector, short ceiling (6.4 ft), 78x43-ish screen (16:9), Room is roughly 10.5'x19'. Two row seating, first row is ~9.5 ft back, second is ~12.5 feet back, no riser at the moment due to ceiling height limitations (which is part of the issue).

I've played with Visio and such and I think I could get better sight lines this way with perhaps a very small (4") riser but I have no idea how different screen materials might cause issues or whether I'm likely to have focus/keystoning issues with the projector. or whether it'll even be viewable with the screen tilted that way.

Any bodies out there who've tried this before or who just have lots of opinions? Should I go ask in the CRT projector forum instead?

-MM

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.