AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a college student who pretty much spends every dollar he gets on A/V stuff. This year I'm living in an apartment and I've had projectors, lol, probably 10 different kinds in 2 1/2 years.

I was going to go with a high power screen for my refurb H76 but this is going to cost me $400+ since I want to go 133" or bigger. I've had two different high power screens before and like the material but I spent to much money on speakers this summer to swing it.

My options are using the white wall in the apartment and black tape to make the border or tacting up some M2500 material. I'll probably have my projector ceiling mounted so this would make sense. I have to tact it up since I need something portable as I would not be able to transport a 133" fixed screen.

Do you think wrinkles will be too much of a problem if I use tacts every foot. Tacts are also nice since I probably wouldn't have to pay for damages that tacts could create.

I'm going to try the projector with a white wall at home but I don't have a wall that is blank that big in my house so was wondering if anybody has done any of the setups I've descriped.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freychris42424
I'm a college student who pretty much spends every dollar he gets on A/V stuff. This year I'm living in an apartment and I've had projectors, lol, probably 10 different kinds in 2 1/2 years.

I was going to go with a high power screen for my refurb H76 but this is going to cost me $400+ since I want to go 133" or bigger. I've had two different high power screens before and like the material but I spent to much money on speakers this summer to swing it.

My options are using the white wall in the apartment and black tape to make the border or tacting up some M2500 material. I'll probably have my projector ceiling mounted so this would make sense. I have to tact it up since I need something portable as I would not be able to transport a 133" fixed screen.

Do you think wrinkles will be too much of a problem if I use tacts every foot. Tacts are also nice since I probably wouldn't have to pay for damages that tacts could create.

I'm going to try the projector with a white wall at home but I don't have a wall that is blank that big in my house so was wondering if anybody has done any of the setups I've descriped.

Thanks

Chris

Chris,

I stretched my M2500 fabric using the methods here

It's quick and dirty and you can easily take it apart for moving.

The tricky part is having somewhere to saw the tubing...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.