AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to start a physical club and admit that HDTV has become a hobby. Over a year ago, I was one of the first people in town to get an HDTV picture on my HDTV. Now, HDTV is fairly widespread. Last time I was at the grocery store, the topic of conversation amongst people in the checkout line was how to get name based recording to work on their DVR.

I would like to have meetings regularly on the second Thursday of the month. The first meeting will be September 8th. The topic will be DVRs. I have been considering holding the first meeting at my house, but I don’t have a system that is all that exciting to showoff. Private message me or append to this thread if anyone else is interested in forming a physical club.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't do a lot of entertaining but I would be willing to do something along these lines to further the HD cause/education in the Reno/Carson area. I live in Galena Forest area and have a unique setup that includes Directv HD (HR10-250 and a RP Toshiba 61") plus Charter basic through a LG ASTC tuner for the local HD channels and OTA through one of two rooftop antennas (no LOS) but after much twiking I have a fairly functional system. I'm a big sports fan (NFL ST) with little interest in 'reality, prime time shows', or other crap. I also, up until recently have DNS for now. I don't want to speak to that too much b/c I'm sure it will change soon but for now it's great. I'm not sure 9/8 would work for me but maybe later in the fall/winter. I'm interested in seeing what other people have gone through to get the most HD in this area and suggestions about what I could do to improve my system. What do you think?

P.S. I also have two dogs (female labs-very friendly) so they're part of the family and one is a HDef fan (Animal Planet, etc) so don't be surprised.

That's my speel.

Chuck Krause

·
Registered
217 Posts
My place is way to small to actually host anything, but I might consider attending if it's not too much of a drive. (I live in centeral Carson) If you tack down a specific date/time/place let me know and I'll try to make it.

Dan

·
Registered
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203
My place is way to small to actually host anything, but I might consider attending if it's not too much of a drive. (I live in centeral Carson) If you tack down a specific date/time/place let me know and I'll try to make it.

Dan
You could probably count me in too. Right now I have a Sammy HLP5063W with a DirecTV R10 but will be receiving the HR10-250 HDTivo soon and will have DTV put an OTA Antenna on too, most likely. I'm in Double Diamond and word is that HD reception out here is pretty good.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to be having some people at my house Friday, November 18, 2005, 5PM to watch "Step Into Liquid" the WMVHD version. If anyone else in interested in attending PM me. This will be a heavily dominated by kids event. Everyone so far attending has kids under 5, which seems to be all I hang out with theses days. I assume most of you have already seen "Step Into Liquid" because it is the one HD movie the Reno library has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.