AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost a year of following this forum and others I decided to take the plunge.....We were planning to have our basement remodeled & my wife (and teenagers) agreed that a home theater area would be nice. So for the last few weeks we've been in the midst of remodeling while boxes of A/V equipment have arrived from various locations near and far.

Our projector arrived last evening (and that leads to this post). After much reading (& lots of trepidation) we ordered a 13-HD (PLV-60 Boxlight re-brand). Although our screen is not yet hung (100" Grayhawk) we do have the projector mounted (ceiling) and running. All I can say is WOW! The picture, projected against a dark blue gray wall looks great. Great color, bright picture, great sharpness blacks that look black (at least to my eyes)--all right out of the box (fed by an Panasonic RP-91 set to 16:9 progressive).

I have read endless tales of 'screen doors, rainbows, heat, noise, hush-boxes and the superiority of CRTs)' and perhaps in the future I will be the source of some as well--but as of now I am very satisfied with my choice. The fact that all of this (PJ & Screen) cost less than the largest RPTVs is amazing to me (I looked at many of those also before choosing a front PJ).

So I encourage all of you who are 'on the fence' to 'take the plunge'. Read up on what's available, determine what fits your lifestyle, set a budget & jump in--you will not be sorry. Yes 'new & better' is coming out all of the time...however if you wait for THE 'ultimate' you may well miss out on a lot of enjoyment in the meantime.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.