AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one 5040 and two 4500's and I decided to take advantage of the trade in program. I didn't choose the advanced shipping option and am still waiting for my airway bill to send in my two units. It has been a week and counting.

I haven't heard much about the program in a while, did you take advantage of it? Has your experience been good? Mine is not going well so far so I need some reassurance!:confused:

-Mark

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
There's a backlog. They're sending them out in batches - you won't get your airbill until they actually have a unit ready to send you in return.

It seems that the people who got signed up in the first week have gotten their units, and the second week and beyond people have not. Also, some people have gotten their airbills and some haven't. Some people's credit cards were charged and some weren't.

I'd call once a week or so and check on the status.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yup, but not willingly. My husband wanted all 5xxxs, so away will go my precious 4xxxs.

:(

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was planning on trading in my 4532, but I (along with others) have been having some major problems with freeze ups on my 5040 -- so I'm reconsidering. The 4532 is working perfectly. An additional reason for me to hold onto my 4532 is I have two friends with 4000 series Replays and we trade shows occasionally using DV Archive and DVD-RAMs (Hey, did you get Enterprise? I had to record xxxx for the wife. Sure, I'll burn it to a DVD-RAM for ya').

But, I really like the idea of programming one Replay from/through the other. I'll probably trade in my 4532 but I have a feeling it will be a year or more before I'm convinced it was the right or wrong move.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
Yup, but not willingly. My husband wanted all 5xxxs, so away will go my precious 4xxxs.

:(
I'd divorce him.

P.S. I have two 4500s. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.