AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an Olevia TV RC-LTL remote control that I need to open to replace the transparent end piece that popped out when it fell and hit the floor.

How can I find out where the plastic catches are that hold the top and bottom of the remote together so that I can pry it apart without breaking them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
if the transparent end is off, then you have access to both halves of the remote, pry it apart slightly to get the edge of credit card, then slide card along popping the catches. remove any screws that might be in the remote too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edmund - Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I am able to insert a credit card only about 1\\16th of an inch between the upper and lower halves of the remote at the end where the transparent piece is missing. At that point something is blocking it and I cannot move it any farther no matter how hard I try. I have tried going straight in from the end and at an angle from the side, but no luck.
There are no screws to remove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.