AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help/guidance on my options for setting up my house with the latest tech. I'm not sure if there is a solution for this so hear me out.

I currently have 2 office PC's which can connect wirelessly to the 1 HTPC in my living room which has a Blue Ray drive. I also have a HD Cable box in the living room. I have a Home Theater with projector and Blue Ray DVD player and a PS3 in another room (No internet access), and a small TV in my garage (also no internet access).

If I want to watch Cable TV in my theater, I have to either rent another cable box or move the one I have in the living room to the theater room. Same for watching cable in the garage. If I want to watch Blue Ray movies in my garage, I have to take the BR DVD player or the PS3 from the theater into the garage.

What I would like is to be able to stream blue ray's and cable from any room in my house whether its the garage, theater, office, or the living room without having to buy additional cable boxes or dvd players. Is this currently possible? If so, what do I need? Do you need to know more about my setup?

I look forward to any assistance/guidance. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You sound like me a year ago. I wanted something to consolidate everything. I went a step further than you describe with building a media storage server.

What you describe is possible with a hdmi switch. Depending on flexibility maybe a matrix hdmi switch. The main issue is running cable and coax from a central location where your players are to each tv.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.