AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tosh prog DVD and a DTC100 that I want to use with this PJ. How do I connect these to it. Do I need a RCA to 15pin breakout cable?

Is there a switch that I can use to hook up both the DVD and DTC and then run one VGA cable to the PJ.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Yes, KVM and Kramer both makes nice switches. KVM is more business oriented designed for monitor switching but reportedly works great. Kramer is more HT oriented and also has good reviews here. Search here to find reviews.

www.a2zcables.com has 20 foot VGA-->component cables for $40 with good reviews here.

You'd hook your breakout cable's RCA end to your DVD player and its VGA end into input 1 of switcher. Hook DTC-100 into input2 via quality VGA cable ( www.a2zcables.com ). Then hook output to your LT150 VGA again by a short (3-6 foot) quality VGA cable. This switch can be manual or auto with auto being more expensive.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to run about 30ft VGA cable. Is this acceptable.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Up to 50 feet should be fine if your cable is good like those from a2z or www.pccables.com (latter is cheaper but still good).

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Another option for switching is to purchase an Extron switching unit.

They're pricey when purchased new, but if you shop carefully, and you have good timing, bargains can be had on E-bay.

I got my 4 input RGB-S switcher for about US$100 (retail new is US$575)....

Remote control is possible with the Extrons, but it's fairly pricey (US$425), and I haven't found a good source for the remote option...

Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.