AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the forum has made me realize that I just NEED something 'better' than my 32" SDTV, primarily for DVD. I'm really concerned that Satellite TV is going to look poor on a RPTV and honestly I just don't need to watch miscellaneous TV on anything bigger than my 32".General concensus here says the LT150 is a good deal and a good unit and its pretty darn cheap so thats what I'm ready to get, BUT...Does anyone really dislike the LT150? I'd consider myself a midrange sorta guy when it comes to HT, and I will run everything I can through my HTPC. The debate on super high end image quality is really not my concern at this point with my 1st FP (I'll step up to that level as I become more hooked http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif ), but of course, I want a great picture. So anyone out there that wants to tell me to spend my 2400$ elsewhere because the LT150 has failed them, please let me know, I'm listening.

Thanks greatly

-Trouble

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hate the fact that the LT150 is not over 130 pounds like my previous CRT projectors or that I can't go through the joy of having to converge it every few months.

·
Registered
599 Posts
LiOn really does hate his, I think, because of the dithering effect.

I have never seen it, and therefore I love my LT150. Especially at the price I paid.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I decided I had a lot to learn plus I had a whole infrastructure to build up. Amps, pre-pro, screen, scaler/htpc, speakers, pj, etc. I did not want to break the bank in one fell swoop and at it's price point I thought it would be a "good enough" starting point for fp. Sure enough, it is for me. As the technology/price points and my eyeballs change I'm sure my pj will too.

------------------

plug in to play

·
Registered
38 Posts
Based on this web site, I am ready to buy too. Problem is I am jealous of the $1700 Dell owners. I am hoping the LT150 price will drop some more when the LT150Z hits the streets. Anybody heard any rumors that would make it worth while for Troubleshooter and I to wait a few more weeks or should we run out today and get the LT150 for $2400?

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
386 Posts
for me it was a mixed bag. I loved the picture, but the rainbow effect distracted from the movies I watched. It looks like I am now getting the LT154.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Mid to end october will be end of quarter again for Dell (just like back in mid-july. They'll probably be giving stuff away again - if you're lucky the LT150 will be in stock and a great price.

That's 3 weeks away. At the very least, the price (in general, from all etailers) will drop a bit by that time, and you may just get very lucky.

rick

·
Registered
363 Posts
My only concern for you guys waiting is availability. With the 150z announced and the 150 discontinued ( I believe) becareful you don't wait too long...

Miles

ps... was I right about Jeffy http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif now if only I could pridict lottery numbers or football games.

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Hi,

Love it or hate it, IMO the little NEC LT150 is THE best 1-chip DLP projector IN THE WORLD! Except the rainbow issue. That one you need to see it yourself.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by orbillius:
It looks like I am now getting the LT154.
Why 154? LT155 (or LT156) is supposed to have better picture.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Beyond the relatively short bulb life this little guy is amazing!

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

·
Registered
197 Posts
I hate that I paid $2700 for mine.

But considering I almost bought a Sanyo or Sony for considerably more (and I thought their picture quality was about as good as the LT150) I'm happy I chose the LT150.

So anyways, when I throw in a good movie and get lost in the picture, I love the LT150. It was good enough to take down my 100 lb CRT from the ceiling and forget I ever had that ugly thing.

-Dave

·
Registered
150 Posts
I love mine too. The 130lb Sony 1272 is now sitting on the floor. I ceiling mounted the LT150 with a couple of "L" brackets and some drywall screws.

Better picture, razor sharp web surfing at 1024x768, quieter than the Sony.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well it's done...Just placed the order...$2325 with free shipping...Thanks for all the info, looks like I'll be happy. Now, on the other hand, you are all a bunch of jerks for downright FORCING me to spend my money!! (of course I'm joking). Anyway, thanks again for all the input!

-Trouble

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On another note, I swung by Best Buy today to look at the RPTV's. I asked if they could get Directv up on one and of course, no way. They said that their demo loops are broadcast to them from 'corporate' via satellite (!?) so there should be no difference...UH HUH. I'm still kinda convinced there's a HD based player somewhere in the store broadcasting just dandy looking HDTV to all the TV's. Thought someone following this thread looking to buy something might find this interesting.

-Trouble

·
Registered
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter:
On another note, I swung by Best Buy today to look at the RPTV's. I asked if they could get Directv up on one and of course, no way. They said that their demo loops are broadcast to them from 'corporate' via satellite (!?) so there should be no difference...UH HUH. I'm still kinda convinced there's a HD based player somewhere in the store broadcasting just dandy looking HDTV to all the TV's. Thought someone following this thread looking to buy something might find this interesting.

-Trouble
I was told by several employees in my local Best Buy that they have a Hard Disk based HDTV recorder that receives a satellite feed of HD content. That content is then pushed to the TV's they want to sell that week. The last time I was there they had HD going into a Sony, and non-HD going into the Toshiba right beside it (and all other tv's in the store).

Of course, they weren't advertising this, so anyone looking at the two tv's would say "Man, the Sony just kills the Tosh on picture quality" when in reality they're comparing HD to upconverted NTSC (that had already been split and amped a million times).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.