AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local preacher is taking his big movie picture on the road. Every weekend he takes his Sharp LCD projector and sets it up outdoors at different low income housing developments to show movies to the residents. He uses a large piece of white canvas (about 20' wide) for his screen.

He has devised a PVC pipe framework for the canvas to be able to put it up and take it down quickly.

Bob

http://members.home.net/bobwood21/80.JPG

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think that is great but I did not think public displays were allowed by most of the copyright holders/MPAA. Perhaps the Rev. Powell has prior consent or is presenting public domain material. Does anyone know if "free movie nights" are permitted without the consent of the content owner?

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question, Brian. I hadn't thought of that.

My guess would be that because of the circumstances it's not likely that copyright infringement would become an issue here but who knows. In case it would I just deleted the newspaper's name from the picture. I surely don't want to be the one who brings the MPAA down on the good Reverend.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Last year during the NHL playoffs I did the same type of thing. I had a BBQ each night that the games started 8pm (my time) so it would be dark enough. I have a large park behind my house so I would take my home made screen (4:3 150") and set it up in the back yard with a few BBQ's goin'! It was a blast. We had a sound system set-up and all!! I look foward to the Avalanche headin' back that way again for a repeat.....HEHEHE...

GO AVS!!

Mike

------------------

Let's go out to the lobby.

Let's go out to the lobby.

To have ourselves a snack!

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.