AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bloody Disgusting states:

I have a serious weakness for European period fantasy/horror/thriller films, such as Brotherhood Of The Wolf or In The Name Of The Rose. There’s this atmosphere and style that just can’t come across in any other film and oftentimes the visuals are absolutely gorgeous.
That’s why I’m incredibly intrigued by The Tale Of Tales, which fits this kind of aesthetic. The trailer, which is below and definitely NSFW due to nudity and gore, features amazing practical FX, stunning sets, beautiful locations, and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But that’s not stopping me from desperately wanting to see it.
The synopsis reads:
Based on a 17th century collection of fairy tales by Italian author Giambattista Basile, the film weaves realistic and fantastical elements together into three different storylines.
The film, which is directed by Matteo Garrone (Gomorrah), stars Selma Hayek, John C. Reilly, Toby Jones, and, one of my favorite actors, Vincent Cassel. The music is composed by Alexandre Desplat, who did last year’s Godzilla.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Terrific cast. Terrific costumes/sets. Hopefully it will be released in theaters over here...

Reactions: darthrsg

·
Registered
6 Posts
As per the description on this link http://putlockeris.site/tale-of-tales/ the film is adapted from a book of fairy tales for adults published in 1634, before Perrault, before the Brothers Grimm, and long before GOT. It's called Pentamerone or Lo cunto de li cunti or Il racconto dei racconti or The tale of tales. I studied this in elementary school, the stories were shocking, GOT is nothing in comparison.

This trailer doesn't do the movie justice. Due to this movie I made a rule. If the trailer is good, the movie is bad. If the trailer is bad, then the movie is superb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts