AVS Forum banner

4541 - 4548 of 4548 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
A question for those who receive WTLF:

Is the audio screwed up like it is on WTLH-DT2? For those who don't have 5.1 (or better) surround systems, my AVR shows WTLH-DT2 outputting Dolby Digital 5.1, but the audio appears to be 2.0 Stereo. Unfortunately, showing up as 5.1 means I can't add Pro Logic processing to the audio to at least make it sound better.

Who would I contact to complain about the "faux" DD 5.1 surround sound?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone heard whether any of the local Tallahassee area stations will broadcast in "Next Gen TV" format (ATSC 3.0) this year?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Tallahassee now has ATSC 3.0 service, but it's kind of complicated. On December 2nd, Gray converted WCTV's translator WNXG-LD's RF 33 signal to ATSC 3.0, but they only made the filing now because they had to wait for the license to cover for their post-repack signal to be granted first. That signal only reaches a 40.7 mile area around Tallahassee, so outer areas like Valdosta are likely out of luck.

Since it's a translator station they're exempt from many of the filing requirements that full power and Class A stations have, so besides WCTV and possibly WFXU, I have no idea if any other stations will be on that NextGen signal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tallahassee now has ATSC 3.0 service, but it's kind of complicated. On December 2nd, Gray converted WCTV's translator WNXG-LD's RF 33 signal to ATSC 3.0, but they only made the filing now because they had to wait for the license to cover for their post-repack signal to be granted first. That signal only reaches a 40.7 mile area around Tallahassee, so outer areas like Valdosta are likely out of luck.

Since it's a translator station they're exempt from many of the filing requirements that full power and Class A stations have, so besides WCTV and possibly WFXU, I have no idea if any other stations will be on that NextGen signal.
Thanks, KyL416. Great info. Looking forward to the ATSC 3.0 features, once I can access them.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts

Tallahassee, FL | Watch NextGenTV

I noticed they didn't specify that it was on a translator station, but still.

Reactions: KyL416
4541 - 4548 of 4548 Posts