AVS Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2471 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Starting three days ago ION WXPX (Virtual 66 actual 29) on both my TV tuners now show as channel 29.3 through 29.8
A rescan produces the same and there are no channels of 66 showing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Starting three days ago ION WXPX (Virtual 66 actual 29) on both my TV tuners now show as channel 29.3 through 29.8
A rescan produces the same and there are no channels of 66 showing.
I still see 66.1-66.6, but it looks like changes to ION are coming soon...

The full article mentions that Qubo and ION Plus will be getting the axe at the end of Feb.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I still see 66.1-66.6, but it looks like changes to ION are coming soon...

The full article mentions that Qubo and ION Plus will be getting the axe at the end of Feb.
Thanks for that information. I will bet what I saw (now gone) was related to something they were working on.

Wonder what happens to HSN and QVC.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for that information. I will bet what I saw (now gone) was related to something they were working on.

Wonder what happens to HSN and QVC.
I still get them as 66.5 and 66.6 (RF 29 - ION). HSN also comes on 40.3 (24, w/WWSB). And I'm seeing (not very well, and probably won't at all once the weather passes) HSN/HSN2/QVC/QVC2/QVC3/DABL on 33.1-6 (RF 32).

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I still get them as 66.5 and 66.6 (RF 29 - ION). HSN also comes on 40.3 (24, w/WWSB). And I'm seeing (not very well, and probably won't at all once the weather passes) HSN/HSN2/QVC/QVC2/QVC3/DABL on 33.1-6 (RF 32).
Yes so far I see them on all the original places but 28.5 has been added for QVC and the OTA info is wrong for QVC now on 66.5.

Also ShopHQ has been added to WXAX 26.2 MMN to 26.3
19.4 has changed from old movies to MEGA.

·
Super Moderator
18,389 Posts
I probably need to rescan. It's been a while. I've once, again, lost WTOG. It's been pretty solid since the move to 19. I need to go into the attic and fuss with stuff.

Tip of the hat to WTSP engineering. I didn't run TSReader, but they really opened up the bandwidth for the Final Four Saturday games. Mosquito noise that was prevalent from Lucas the previous week was gone. Hope they do the same for The Masters

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
For those keeping score - the added channel 28.5 has now switched to HSN the programming I believe that was originally slated to be there.
Just saw it today. Another chan to delete.

Reactions: DrDon

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
All the chans are out and been this way for 2 days now. Nothing is coming in worth a hoot. 3.1 -8.1 10.1 and on and on. One chan will come back for a while then out it goes. This is getting old and much worse than it was in the 1960's.

·
Super Moderator
18,389 Posts
I haven't had many issues at all. I did bail on WTSP's Masters coverage as the weather crawl and radar box were getting in the way. Once the storms got between my location and Riverview, lightning would glitch the picture. Luckily, DirecTV had the CBS fronthaul, so I watched the rest of the tournament that way.

None of my recordings seem to be impacted. I'll go check TSReader, if you like, but I don't think I'll see anything as I'm closer than you IIRC. I can't remember your setup without scrolling back, but maybe it's time to hang more aluminum...?

·
Registered
26 Posts
All the chans are out and been this way for 2 days now. Nothing is coming in worth a hoot. 3.1 -8.1 10.1 and on and on. One chan will come back for a while then out it goes. This is getting old and much worse than it was in the 1960's.
Mid Pinellas here and I agree. 10 and 13 disappeared last night. Nothing came back when I scanned again at 6:30 am. However I did get all of Orlando channel 6 and its sub channels. I rescanned at 11 this morning, Orlando was gone and 10 and 13 were back.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
In general I can say the signal from all but WXAX has been better over the last few months than since going back to the original the Digital changeover for me. Many of them go out occasionally after midnight or closer to 2AM I'm guessing for maintenance, but not often. Only Channel 26 and Subs for some reason is much harder to get over the last month. It's a lower power station but I never lost it before.

METV does have newer quirk on both TIVO and my Satellite receiver OTA. It acts like the signal is breaking up very briefly if I use the back or skip ahead (or rewind/fast forward) controls. Happens about 60 Percent of the time in both live (jn buffer) or recorded. And sometimes I can't pause it. It shows it is paused with the paused screen showing but it isn't. So something with encoding is going on. If I just watch it live with no manipulation there is no problem. Can't imagine I am the only one who sees this since happens on two very different receivers. (Of course I try it now and no problem....)

·
Super Moderator
18,389 Posts
Has there been any ASTC 3.0 programs broadcasted in 4K locally or in the US?
Nope. Might subscribe to and read through our ATSC 3.0 thread as well as local threads for 3.0 markets, though given the channel-sharing arrangement, none of the 3.0s has the bandwidth, currently.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Nope. Might subscribe to and read through our ATSC 3.0 thread as well as local threads for 3.0 markets, though given the channel-sharing arrangement, none of the 3.0s has the bandwidth, currently.
Not much to see there really. Thanks for the confirmation. I did an ATSC 3.0 4k programming search on google and nothing came up. I figured there was none but just wanted to confirm. Thanks again. Probably check back in another 6 to 18 months. Haha.

2421 - 2440 of 2471 Posts