·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those who missed the May get-together in treasure island...

I'll organize the next one, it will be in North Tampa (Tampa Palms area) and include a demo of my DLP projection setup with various HDTV content from my fileserver. More info to come...

·
Registered
222 Posts
OK, I've searched all of the Tampa threads and have not found this mentioned yet. Has anyone else noticed the reverse stretch on NBC's OTA Digital feed with Non-Hi Def material? I'm trying to watch the Laker-Kings game and everyone looks taller and thinner.

Usually the local stations zoom a little to get the "14X9." Then for a while I noticed NBC seemed to be zooming AND stretching a bit to fill the entire screen. Now it fills the standard 4:3 width and is stretched vertically!

Anyone else experiencing this, and does anyone know why or how long WFLA NBC is going to be doing this?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah I noticed it during the last two games I watched. I ended up watching it in standard over the Directv dish instead of OTA

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did anyone watching the ABC movie last night notice a glitch in the audio? It was DD5.1, I heard and saw a dropout, then only DD2.0 after that.

Thanks,

Dana

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is there anyway, we can ever do one of these get togethers in Central Tampa? I mean first TI, and now Tampa Palms. These are very far drives for some people that really would prefer not to drink too much and then drive more than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
599 Posts
and before Mangroves, we were in Ybor City.

how many made it to the beach, david?

·
Registered
599 Posts
B_Schneider - do you think you could ask your contact at ABC if they could schedule to run the demo loops one more time. i found that I don't actually have good copies of any of them. just let us know when they will run (maybe 2 times, but once for sure) and that would be great.

thx

jaymer...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike__P
Anyone else notice that WEDU has been multicasting. I am wondering when they will go full HD.
They were broadcasting four SD channels for the last few days. Today it appears to be in HD on 54.3. They are running the sat demo loop now, very good stuff if you have not seen it.

David.

·
Registered
98 Posts
And, I was receiving Dolby Digital 5.1 during the loop! :D Way cool!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]
20 or 22, not sure. Lost count after the strippers showed up.
Weren't they great???

Glad I got that red-head to go home with me!!!

HD???? What's that without a "red-puss" I mean "push".....

:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
The PBS DT content is great....if Time Warner doesn't include PBS and UPN in their offering, I consider it incomplete and still have to keep my satellite.

·
Registered
599 Posts
CF - well, there's NOTHING like being able to record HD, so TWs offering is irrelevant to me. I have their decoder just so I could watch Band of Brothers & the Sopranos. Long live 8vsb OTA!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Excellent, EXCELLENT thread everyone! This is a great resource for Tampa area HD-philes.

Any new word on when Time Warner will get the HD locals straightened out? Are they still saying 2003? Any word on if they are planning for Discovery HD theater or PBS?

Thanks for the great info!

BTW, In the next few weeks I’m getting my Samsung HDTV ISF Calibrated by Louis A. Carliner. Many people may be familiar with his work as he is regarded as one of the best calibrators out there (do a search on the Home Theater Spot for recommendations). Hey goes way above and beyond the standard ISF calibration and people fly him in all over the country to have him work his magic on their sets. We however, are lucky enough to have him in (practically) in our back yards (his home base is in Spring Hill). If any one else is interested in having him calibrate their set while he is up here, let me know. The more people that he can help, the better the pricing is likely to be. So give me a shout if anyone is interested!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Josh

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Hi Josh,

I am interested in talking to Louis about calibrating my Sony VPL-VW 10HT LCD front projector. Louis has been to my house before but I lost track of his number. Please PM me his number or post it here.

Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey Fellas,

I have a place down Sarasota way. Has anyone had success with HDTV reception from Sarasota. My place in on the 19th floor and I am not sure about roof access.

I have been in Colorado for 3 years now and enjoy HDTV, but I am looking forward to getting back to Florida and the Gulf Coast.

Thanks in Advance.

Doug

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.