AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When bright house cable when to hdcp on their dvi connection, I have been having problems. I have no problem with their dvi connection since I received their pace box about 5 months ago until they changed to hdcp on their box the middle of January. Dvi is connected to my dwin projector, it has hdcp capability. THE DVI WILL NOT CONNECT UNTIL I disconnect the dvi connection and reconnect it on the back of their box, it will work the rest of the night . It is all right until I change the input than I have to do it all over again. If I want to watch dvi hd I have to disconnect and reconnect each day I watch it. The local brighthouse employees do not understand hdcp. Any suggestions will be appreciated. :(

·
Registered
474 Posts
Larry_C,

What is the make and model number of your projector?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Dwin transvision 3 projector, less than year old. It has two DVI

HDCP connections. The Samsung 931 DVD Player works on either, it has

HDCP. The problem started the middle of January. I read in a post on this forum, title "HD Deactivation". One post said Brighthouse Cable deactivated the HD DVI signal, another post said they went to HDCP and the signal was not deactivated. No written notification went out to the customers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too also started having DVI problems in mid Jan.The only way I can connect now is by turning the tv off 2 or 3 times to get it to connect and it stays connected till I turn it off.I've been using the DVI connection for about 8 mo. now with no problems till just recently.

I now strongly suspect Brighthouse has changed the software that is causing the problem in the box.

At least I know now the problem IS NOT my tv

I hope Brighthouse will correct the DVI problem with the Pace box soon!

Turning my tv off and on is eventually going to blow out my tv then I'll really will be %#**&! off.

Jerry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Brighthouse has updated their software for the Pace box.Now the box will continually try to make a DVI connection to your tv till it connects(if that's the input you are using).

To download the new software unplug the box for a few seconds,then re-plug it in.The download will take about 15 minutes,allow it to complete before turning the box back on.

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.