AVS Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I wanted to let you guys know if you were interested I have a pair of Tannoy Saturn S8's for sale on ebay if anyone was interested. I do love them, but I am in need of the cash, and I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes by doing this Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiger /forum/post/20325120

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you guys know if you were interested I have a pair of Tannoy Saturn S8's for sale on ebay if anyone was interested. I do love them, but I am in need of the cash, and I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes by doing this Thanks

Send me the link or PM me your price.

Thank you,

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got Saturn S8's and an S8C, with the switchable bipole/dipole surrounds (can't remember the model right now), and a PS350 15" sub. Love it, but am looking for a better pre-pro, (Marantz, or maybe Anthem).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any opinions on Tannoy Sensys DC2?

Does anyone know when they stopped making them?

What is a reasonable price for a used pair? [8/10 quality]

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
The Sensys DC2 is a good speaker. It measures and sounds very well. I don't know when they stopped making them maybe 2006-2007. They were $1300 pair new, not sure what they are worth now.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobL /forum/post/21035170

The Sensys DC2 is a good speaker. It measures and sounds very well. I don't know when they stopped making them maybe 2006-2007. They were $1300 pair new, not sure what they are worth now.

Thanks.

The seller is selling them for about $600 and he also has the center for $200. I will try to negotiate the price if I like them.

All the reviews I've read have praised them so I might end up with a good setup for the money.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a chance to pick up a pair of System 215 DMT II speakers but I have no idea what they're worth, so I'd appreciate any input?

They're in very good condition but I'm not sure about the year of manufacture (guessing between 1992 and 2001).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody here has heard the TANNOY PBM 8 II speakers? I heard an audiophile rave about them in terms of quality for price. I'm on a budget and the best speakers I've come across for quality and price are the Polk Monitor 40's. Just curious how the Tannoy's stack up. Thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just bought a pair of Tannoy Mercury V4 towers 2 weeks ago. I guess there aren't many Tannoy owners on this forum! I'm surprised, given the recognition of the brand, in Europe at least, if not north America.

I am thrilled to have these speakers. I don't feel qualified to review them as such, but they sound fantastic. Great imaging, a full low end, detailed without being bright, and they look great.

They were given the What Hi-Fi 2011 best tower speaker £300-£700 award.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with these speakers.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts