AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a RCA DCT-100 for well over a year. Beautiful OTA HDTV from our local CBS outlet. I had never looked at the s-video output on my MITS Diamond HDTV. Problem is many of the programs we watch are on 10 to 11 and we are in bed. Been delaying them off of our cable feed via a Panasonic Replay unit. Reqular old cable pictures. Now I have set replay up to have the DCT-100 as a "cable box" using IR Blaster code 5392 and a non-existant cable source on input 2 with the s-video. "Replay does not at this time provide for HDTV channels in their guide." Have the replay unit think it is going to the analog channel to maintain the timing and program guide. Then defeat the channel change on the DCT-100 be pulling out the IR plug from the replay unit. Have the DCT-100 set to the Digital Channel and the replay of the program is very good, widescreen and clean color. Not HDTV, not even as good as DVD progressive, but far better than anything else I've seen for delaying HDTV programs. I didn't know the Replay unit could produce such a clean picture. Since the last upgrade it is easy to change the DCT-100 from HDTV out to S-video out with the remote. (All my equipment is in a closet, out of sight using a cone pair to get remote commands through the wall). If you have a Replay unit and a STB with a S-video out, try it, you'll like it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.