AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With receivers in general, is there always a line level signal of the current program on the tape out? If so, anyone here using the tape out from one receiver to send a signal to another receiver as a second zone?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Yep, that's exactly how I have mine wired. I don't know if ALL receivers always provide an audio signal on Tape Out, but I believe that most do.

Also, some newer receivers also provide a dedicated output for "2nd Room Audio" exactly for this purpose. Nice thing about that is you can listen to two different programs -- one in your main room, and a different one in your secondary location(s).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks litzdog911. I've been in the market for a new receiver and zone 2 was on my required feature list, but I don't actually need to run a different program in the second location.

Another question though, my second receiver has a remote out jack. If I run a line from the remote out from the second receiver into the first receiver will the second receiver's IR sensor act as a repeater and pass the commands ( provided there are no conflicts ) back to the first receiver? I realize there are alot of variables here, but in general is this the way remote in/out works? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.