1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let me know your thoughts, even if its just first impressions. I'm interested in the same unit. It looks very much like a rebranded Onkyo TX-NR626 with extra features (preouts, 12v triggers, etc), but the resemblance may be my error.

Inquiring minds want to know.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd say its a contracted product that's a cross between a Onkyo TX-NR828 (compare rear panel) and a TX-NR726/7 (front panel) with the TX-NR626 amp section.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea what the output voltage of the Onkyo's you mentioned are? Reason i ask and it would be something to consider before buying Tascam products is i emailed that question to their tech support with no answer. I eventually was able to talk to someone from their tech support dept who had no idea what i was talking about. He was supposed to get back to me but never did.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1x  /t/1521710/tascam-pa-r200-receiver-at-b-h-photo-350-00-free-shipping-appx-45-off-list#post_24545313

I'd say its a contracted product that's a cross between a Onkyo TX-NR828 (compare rear panel) and a TX-NR726/7 (front panel) with the TX-NR626 amp section.

I woudl say more like an integra dtr 30.4
http://www.integrahometheater.com/zoom.cfm?m=DTR-30.4#

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plugged it into my two channel rig last night listened to Pink Floyd's Delicate sound of thunder at pretty high volumes, sounded great. Granted paradigms are pretty efficient, might not sound as good with b&w's. Haven't had a chance to test it as a home theater reciever though. Only other thing of note is it's surprisingly heavy, not a quality i usually associate with cheap equipment. Seems like a steal for 350.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess i was comparing it with my only other digital amped reciever, a pioneer elite that doesn't weight anything.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think so. That seems to be the prevailing street price. I was surprised there wasn't more interest in this, quite a bit more reciever than anything else I've seen at that price.

·
Registered
2 Posts

It's still $349 at www.proaudiostar.com

I bought it there last week.

The receiver sounds good but i'm upset that it doesn't have wifi built in

(it's just wifi ready). In the product overview page on Tascam's website

it says that it has "wifi built in".  I've talked to Tascam customer support 

and they told me return it

·
Registered
898 Posts
I bit on a PA-R200 from ProAudioStar. I needed a cheap modern receiver with preouts and NOTHING comes close to this deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT|  /t/1521710/tascam-pa-r200-receiver-at-b-h-photo-350-00-free-shipping-appx-45-off-list#post_24594644

I bit on a PA-R200 from ProAudioStar. I needed a cheap modern receiver with preouts and NOTHING comes close to this deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blopus  /t/1521710/tascam-pa-r200-receiver-at-b-h-photo-350-00-free-shipping-appx-45-off-list#post_24579156

It's still $349 at www.proaudiostar.com

I bought it there last week.

The receiver sounds good but i'm upset that it doesn't have wifi built in

(it's just wifi ready). In the product overview page on Tascam's website

it says that it has "wifi built in".  I've talked to Tascam customer support 

and they told me return it

I got mine and I'm having some issues with it. the settings menu seems to not display all the options.

This is how to check:

Press the "home" button on the remote

Go to settings

Choose any of the menu options

When you are in the sub-menus scroll down and see if it highlights some "blank" fields (you will be able to scroll down but you won't be able to read what the sub-menu is)

If I press okay it sometimes takes me to the wrong sub-menus.

This is very frustrating as I can't change some of the speaker levels to my liking.

Other than that this receiver is fantastic.

·
Registered
898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0wNb0y  /t/1521710/tascam-pa-r200-receiver-at-b-h-photo-350-00-free-shipping-appx-45-off-list#post_24607857

I got mine and I'm having some issues with it. the settings menu seems to not display all the options.

I got mine today and I don't have that issue. Maybe the firmware got corrupted? Did you try to update the firmware? Better call TASCAM. My only issue is I can't seem to get subwoofer output when there's a stereo signal.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi, I bought one of these too, and did a basic stereo set up today. I then searched the tascam site for firmware updates, but I think they have removed all the product pages for the R200. Was there any firmware or anything important listed there?

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubdu  /t/1521710/tascam-pa-r200-receiver-at-b-h-photo-350-00-free-shipping-appx-45-off-list#post_24621514

Hi, I bought one of these too, and did a basic stereo set up today. I then searched the tascam site for firmware updates, but I think they have removed all the product pages for the R200. Was there any firmware or anything important listed there?
Try http://tascamdj.com/product/pa-r200/downloads/ or http://tascam-ca.com/product/pa-r200/downloads/ (notice TASCAMDJ or TASCAM-CA in the URL). Interesting that it does seem to be missing on the main URL. Does this indicate the PA-R100/R-200 were a one time experiment TASCAM would like to forget, or just a glitch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Read in one of the (rare) reviews that TASCAM uses fan cooling. Makes sense on a rack mount product. Anyone notice (hear) the fan?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts