AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I think TAW has been effectively bankrupt for some time. Phil has apparently been supporting any remaining customers personally - although no new products nor the prospect of any new products. Strikes me the loss of the website is simply the final straw.

I had the Rock Pro/Prelude combination at one time, but sold it off when it started to look increasingly like a dead end. The stand-alone VP market is tough, with agile competitors like Lumagen on one side and mid-market solutions built into players/displays on the other.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I emailed Phil a few weeks back and never got a reply... I think they are done, completely.

I have a ROCK PRO and I can't get it to display video from any of it's inputs... just menus output... anyone know what causes this? I haven't used it for a while and just booted it up...

RadianceXD is on it's way... but still wanted to use the SDI input from the rock.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Just enjoy the Radiance and be done with TAW. I have the former, and frankly see no advantage to SDI over HDMI (as long as your player is sending native 480i from the DVD).

·
Registered
900 Posts
Perfect. Thanks. I just thought SDI would be a little better than 480i component.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavromatis /forum/post/15491340

Perfect. Thanks. I just thought SDI would be a little better than 480i component.

You want to use 480i over HDMI (thus digital) rather than 480i over component if you can do it! I think SDI would still be better than analog 480i.

·
Registered
900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore /forum/post/15496298

You want to use 480i over HDMI (thus digital) rather than 480i over component if you can do it! I think SDI would still be better than analog 480i.

Got it. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts