AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else in Atlanta was experiencing the same problem as me in Atlanta. A few months ago when we had access to both channel 247 and 17, I noticed that channel 17 had a bad hum in it's audio, so I would always tune into 247, not we are forced to watch 17 and sometimes it's not bearable to listen to. I have a Surround Sound hooked up so it may be only noticable on the surround speakers but it definaetly is confined to this single channel.

Anyone else hearing this?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am in Atlanta also and noticed about two weeks ago that I too had to go to Ch 17 to get TBS. I am not sure whether the commercials are different on 17 and 247, but that is the only reason I can think they would force us to watch 17.

I don't have surround sound so I don't hear the noise problem you have but the picture is certainly worse (ghosts, etc.). They are probably geting the 17 signal of air and getting the 247 from a direct feed.

I want 247 back!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. What is up with this? I too live in Atlanta.

The difference in the quality of the picture broadcast is very evident. Side-by-side comparision of channel 17 (local TBS) and channel 247 (Superstation TBS) is clear. Channel 17 sux. Once they dropped 247 from my DirectTV lineup I complained (as if someone cares) to channel 17. They e-mailed me back and said they would pass my comments up to the programming dept. I was outraged to say the least. Why of all the channels I receive is channel 17 the worst?

I refuse to watch the inferior broadcast of channel 17. The picture is the same whether I'm viewing it on the Sony UTV, or my Mitsubishi SR-HD400. It may be a digital broadcast since it comes from DirectTV, but it looks like an over-the-air antenae reception.:confused:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
It all boils down to local commericals and wanting you to watch them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
FYI. Just an update. I now see added to my DirectTV HDTV channel list for Channel 17 channels 17-1, and 17-2 digital broadcast which I receive over the air into my DTV tuner. :D

The picture is obviously much improved but it doesn't help my UTV situation.:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.