AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are all roughly the same price and I'm just wondering if i should go with bigger because I wont really see all the g25 has to offer at only 42 inches. The FARTHEST ill be from my tv is 10 feet, average being about 7 feet. lighting is NOT an issue because the only windows are on the same wall as the tv, which are usually covered with blinds anyway. Should I go with bigger for the money, or best picture for the money? Using for everything, movies, games, tv, pc monitor for shows, etc.

Tips?

·
Registered
73 Posts
wow i'm in the exact same boat. I'm kind of annoyed i didn't get the 50U2 when it was on sale for $699 on black friday at BB. As of right now, I think the 46S2 is the best bang for the buck, but honestly, I feel like waiting for another week or so to see whether prices will drop again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyfire22 /forum/post/19607883

wow i'm in the exact same boat. I'm kind of annoyed i didn't get the 50U2 when it was on sale for $699 on black friday at BB. As of right now, I think the 46S2 is the best bang for the buck, but honestly, I feel like waiting for another week or so to see whether prices will drop again.

haha yeah same for me. I'm sad but also glad that I did not jump all over the 699 deal on the u2. I also am looking exactly at the 46s2 because the g25 seems to just have more widgets, along with "infinite black" which as much as I would love to trust panasonic, it sounds like a gimmick and an improvement that would not be too noticeable. And I sure if compared side-to-side the difference might be there, but for my viewing distance I think the 46s2 would be better. Still willing to take feedback thoughh

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've only been able to see the 50s2 and 50G25 side by side locally.

IMHO the 50G25 had a better AR coating, and much better looking picture.

The S2 still looked pretty nice.

It definitely hits a sweet spot on the "bang for your buck" curve.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/19610537

The C2 actually has the best bang/buck at 10'+ viewing distances.

What kind of room do you have where you are only 7-10' from the TV?

Its a narrow room, with the tv going on the long wall because thats the only spot it will go. Im going to need a wide viewing angle, which is one of he main reasons i picked plasma

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
50 All day every day, it's a Panasonic plasma it will look bomb regardless
We have a 768p, I told my uncle to get one too a few years ago and I have thought about getting another one since they are so cheap. As you should know resolution does not really matter esp. sitting that far away. You will be ignorant of the PQ you are missing, but you won't be of the size, one day you will say "ahh shucks, i should have just gotten the 50"

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I hate to dredge up an old thread, but I just wanted to say that I saw the strangest thing at my local BB (in Corpus Christi, TX) a couple of days ago... They had TWO of these (TC-P46S2) brand new in the box sitting out on the floor with a white paper sign that said "999.99".

There is no way this 5 year old clunker is POSSIBLY worth anywhere that is it? Is there something I'm missing? I wonder where this "found" stock came from. BB isn't known for being overstock "special factory purchase" type retailer which is what gets me.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
I hate to dredge up an old thread, but I just wanted to say that I saw the strangest thing at my local BB (in Corpus Christi, TX) a couple of days ago... They had TWO of these (TC-P46S2) brand new in the box sitting out on the floor with a white paper sign that said "999.99".

There is no way this 5 year old clunker is POSSIBLY worth anywhere that is it? Is there something I'm missing? I wonder where this "found" stock came from. BB isn't known for being overstock "special factory purchase" type retailer which is what gets me.
I believe when you entered the store you may have walked into a wormhole and ended up back in 2010. When you left the store did you feel a bit woozy? :p

Ian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts