AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a 3D capable TV in the 40-42" range on a budget. There are sales right now that put the

Sony LED/LCD KDL40EX720

Panasonic Plasma TC-P42GT25

at about the same price substantially under 1K which is all I want to pay.

I like the Sony a bit better since its lighter and the 40" fits my space better than the 42". Both are 1080P. Consumer reports likes 3D plasma a whole lot more than 3D LCD because of ghosting, but they haven't reviewed these particular models.

Realistically, I can't imagine using the 3D feature very much, but I don't buy a set very often and want the potential.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would get the Panasonic. Not that impressed with Sony tbh. Btw I have both brands in my house. If you like the bluish picture LED's give off, then maybe Sony is for you. But a more true picture is Plasma.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a sony ex720, its not that great.

Check out the Samsung D6400 as well. The PQ is vastly superior on the D6400 when compared to the EX720.

·
Registered
620 Posts
ya if you're going to be using it for 3D, definitely go away from sony and preferably away from LCD's all together. Sony's 3D loses the 3D effect if you tilt your head, so you can't lay down or rest your head ever on your arm in their 3D. Then LCD's in general have issues with the polarizes in the glasses working against each other. So again, if you tilt your head with any branded LCD 3D set, the glasses will appear to darken and can completely black out if you turn ur head enough. I would definitely go with the panasonic anyway factoring 3D into the decision or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.