AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like I have come down to these two choices regarding my options for the tv I won. Now that I have eliminated the 3 lcds I am trying to decide between these 2 sets.

It would seem that the G10 is a better tv since it is more towards the high end of the pannys while the b550 is middle tier? The panny does give up 4 inches to the sammy though which is a pretty big difference. I also dont think I would care less about the widgets being that my computer will be hooked to the tv. Anyways I would appreciate your guys' (and gals) opinions and points of view on the matter. Once again, I did win the choice of these tvs from work and these are the only options so recommending getting a 50inch panny or the b650 will not do me any good. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The Samsung B550 has superior color, as for Black levels the G10 is slightly darker...What i want to know is which display is more noticable when it comes to the green phospher lag when gaming...

Either way I'd go for the Samsung, but that's just me because I'd rather have amazing color than to have innacurate inferior color with slightly darker blacks. You win some, you lose some. Both models have their ups and downs.

But my money is on the samsung, plus you get 4" more inches

Also, the Samsung display-wise looks beautiful, but i do like Panasonics G10 design as well, i dont mind the silver strip it looks kind of cool actually.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am comparing those 2 tvs because they are the 2 choices for FREE from work. There are no upgrades or swaps! That why I stated dont bother recommending something else because those are the ONLY options.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellwstang21 /forum/post/17027620

I am comparing those 2 tvs because they are the 2 choices for FREE from work. There are no upgrades or swaps! That why I stated dont bother recommending something else because those are the ONLY options.

As an owner of a PN50B550 (and, as of a month ago, a person on the fence between the B550 and G10)......I would highly recommend the Samsung.

As a poster already said, the Samsung has much better color accuracy, with almost as good black levels.

I have no issues AT ALL with gaming on my Samsung (no phosphor lag or trails reported by some G10 owners)....and after having it calibrated this past Monday by Chad B, I wouldn't trade it for anything else besides maybe a Pioneer.

I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts