AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me, from a PRO-point of view, which of the following is the best TV? Looking for the best 50" Plasma I can buy for my bedroom.

Always viewed in the dark, lighting not an issue.

Thanks!

Panasonic TC-P50ST50

Pioneer Elite 111FD

Pioneer Elite KRP-500M

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would say the Pioneers also but where are you going to get them? Even the Panasonic's are getting hard to find.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Anyone of these would be fine in bright ambient lighting - as long as it's not bright direct sunlight.

There isn't a plasma in the world today which doesn't have a reflective screen.

The filter on the KURO'S, especially the KRP's are capable for non direct bright sunlight simply and keeping it looking black.

It also has a strong enough peak light output to cope with such situations.

Beaten only in that respect by the F8500 Samsung.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
i agree with this BUT its Pointless as none of these models are no longer being made. really only have samsung to choose from

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel  /t/1521912/tc-p50st50-vs-elite-111fd-or-krp-500m/0_100#post_24464540

Strictly in terms of PQ, KRP-500M > 111FD > ST50.

·
Registered
351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus738  /t/1521912/tc-p50st50-vs-elite-111fd-or-krp-500m#post_24557021

i agree with this BUT its Pointless as none of these models are no longer being made. really only have samsung to choose from
why is it, its pretty obvious that its going to be a used set

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Wonder how long Sammy will keep making the last plasmas for craigyboy ?

It must be worth their while still, and making profit as Samsung are like a big money snowball magnet - they would drop anything like a hot potato if it wasn't profitable basically.

Perhaps as long as it takes to get a decent consistency with OLED yield and lifespan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.