AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -- I have a TC-P55ST30 purchased in 2011 that is hooked up via HDMI to a HTPC running Win7 (GeForce GT430 video card). We use it mostly for XBMC, but my girlfriend does occasionally use it for writing papers. We've noticed that when on the Windows desktop, any text displayed on the screen will start out extremely crisp -- even from more than 10 feet away, it's quite readable. About every 15-20 seconds or so, the text will become darker and get rather blurry, almost as if it's been bolded. Then, it will fade back to normal. The transition from crisp->blurry->crisp happens over the course of maybe 4-5 seconds. This also happens when hooking up a Win7 laptop via HDMI. I've changed every setting I can think of, both on the two PCs and the TV, and I can't seem to find a solution. I'm thinking because it's an issue with multiple PCs, it's likely something on the TV that's not set correctly. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all -- I have a TC-P55ST30 purchased in 2011 that is hooked up via HDMI to a HTPC running Win7 (GeForce GT430 video card). We use it mostly for XBMC, but my girlfriend does occasionally use it for writing papers. We've noticed that when on the Windows desktop, any text displayed on the screen will start out extremely crisp -- even from more than 10 feet away, it's quite readable. About every 15-20 seconds or so, the text will become darker and get rather blurry, almost as if it's been bolded. Then, it will fade back to normal. The transition from crisp->blurry->crisp happens over the course of maybe 4-5 seconds. This also happens when hooking up a Win7 laptop via HDMI. I've changed every setting I can think of, both on the two PCs and the TV, and I can't seem to find a solution. I'm thinking because it's an issue with multiple PCs, it's likely something on the TV that's not set correctly. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Many thanks.
I have the same exact 3DTV set, and hooked up to a Windows 7 desktop PC, using the Geforce GTX 470, and I have the same exact issue! However, my display is set at 1080p running at a refresh rate of 24hz, and it is super clear. Then, at EXACTLY every 60 seconds it does what you describe also. It begins to get blurry, as if the set is trying to re sync to the PC or something, then it begins to get clearer and clearer until it is back to normal. It was driving me nuts and I thought my set is going bad or something, but it does not seem to do this when connected to any other device, only to the Desktop PC. Can anyone out there tell us what is going on, as Panasonic has no clue what I am talking about, and told me this is not covered under the warranty, as the set works perfectly otherwise. Anyone?

·
Banned
385 Posts
That sounds bit like the NANODRIFT Smooth feature on the Panasonic professional series, instead of orbiting the picture around it smooths the picture in stages going from crisp to blurry and back but it works on all inputs not just PC.

Have you tried setting the color space in your graphics drivers? try RGB 4:4:4, 4:2:0, RGB Full etc

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sounds bit like the NANODRIFT Smooth feature on the Panasonic professional series, instead of orbiting the picture around it smooths the picture in stages going from crisp to blurry and back but it works on all inputs not just PC.

Have you tried setting the color space in your graphics drivers? try RGB 4:4:4, 4:2:0, RGB Full etc
If you mean on the PC, I wouldn't know where to start. I have tried every setting on the Panasonic 3DTV display, and I am using the Nvidia GTX 470, and I have looked at all the video settings and tried many different things, but, nothing changes my issue. I cannot even find the 4:4:4 and 4:2:0 you speak about anywhere. I just wish I could solve this issue, as it drives me nuts watching the text get blurry and go back to sharp every 60 seconds. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts