AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
This question would be better asked in the DIY forum. There is no reason not to go with the LMS if you can afford it. It is better. The difference might not come about for music unless you really pressed the drivers. If you don't intend to blast the subs, I would just go for a Dayton Reference HF 15" or two.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1521754/tc-sound-lms-15in-or-dayton-titanic-mk4-15in#post_24460542

This question would be better asked in the DIY forum. There is no reason not to go with the LMS if you can afford it. It is better. The difference might not come about for music unless you really pressed the drivers. If you don't intend to blast the subs, I would just go for a Dayton Reference HF 15" or two.

I intend to blast it, I also have the Dayton um ultimax 18" in mind...

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
The Ultimax 18 promises a ton of displacement. It might be worth waiting for that, it will have 1.7 times the displacement as the Titanic 4 15", possibly a lot more than that if it is underspec'd like the Dayton Ref HO 18" was. It's also more sensitive, so your amplifier power will go further with it for the same amount of juice. For blasting, wait for the Umax 18" if you are not in a hurry to build the sub, according to parts express it is less than 2 months away.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1521754/tc-sound-lms-15in-or-dayton-titanic-mk4-15in#post_24461716

The Ultimax 18 promises a ton of displacement. It might be worth waiting for that, it will have 1.7 times the displacement as the Titanic 4 15", possibly a lot more than that if it is underspec'd like the Dayton Ref HO 18" was. It's also more sensitive, so your amplifier power will go further with it for the same amount of juice. For blasting, wait for the Umax 18" if you are not in a hurry to build the sub, according to parts express it is less than 2 months away.

I thought the UM 18" was out already?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts