AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have both TV's in the box ,going to take one back but don't want to open the boxes. The tcl has 120 refresh the lg has 60.
the tcl is a roku tv and seems like it would be better for streaming. when I looked at the LG tv's in the store picture seamed better but its
hard to tell because that use different sources. The LG is a 2016 model while the tcl is a 2017 model.
The lg has the operating system os 3.0 and I have read there are not that many streaming channels available in that os 3.0. but the lg has that pointer remote that looks cool.
The main question is are the TCL and the lg picture quality comparable? any opinion will be appriciated
Thanks Scott

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don’t think either are very good picture quality but both are probably ok. The TCL is 60hz it says 120 CMI not 129 Htz. CMI is a backlight flashing method to mimic 120 htz on a 60 htz panel.

If you really want good picture quality for low price in 65 range with Dolby Vision and HDR 10 I would go with the TCL 65C807. I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both tv's going back

Thinking about waiting until it's close to superbowl sunday see if I can find a deal on a Sony xbr65900E

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t think either are very good picture quality but both are probably ok. The TCL is 60hz it says 120 CMI not 129 Htz. CMI is a backlight flashing method to mimic 120 htz on a 60 htz panel.

If you really want good picture quality for low price in 65 range with Dolby Vision and HDR 10 I would go with the TCL 65C807. I love mine.

The tcl sounds interesting do you think it's on par with sony xbr 850e about the same price right now I'm going to wait until superbowl week Every one seems to love the sony 900e but I dont think it going to drop down into my budget.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The tcl sounds interesting do you think it's on par with sony xbr 850e about the same price right now I'm going to wait until superbowl week Every one seems to love the sony 900e but I dont think it going to drop down into my budget.

I have no way to compare with the 850e. If they are the same price and both edge lit then it really comes down to your preference of UI (I love ease of Roku) and wether you want Dolby Vision (I prefer DV when it is mastered decently like most VUDU content).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts