AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1392 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
So BB has them on sale again but we need another discount code please.....
I wish just little bit lower and I would order on in a heart beat. But with it close to Oled pricing I just can’t do it. Waiting on the new 48inch oled from LG now for a PC monitor. Just going to leave the living room tv as is unless they do another coupon on this. Going to hurry up and finish the theater room and get back to enjoying my JVC RS-620.

·
Premium Member
3,528 Posts
It seems that this company really listens to users and reviewers. Does that seem to be the case? Are there any unfixed bugs short of the bad-precalibration? Does it still crush after calibration?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It seems that this company really listens to users and reviewers. Does that seem to be the case? Are there any unfixed bugs short of the bad-precalibration? Does it still crush after calibration?

The crush has been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,528 Posts
Yeah I'm right there with ya. Just can't make up my mind lol.. I'm like do I really want to spend double over the 6 series , also so close to OLED money. Plus I'm almost done with my Theater and I have a RS-620 JVC that looks amazing lol I might just pick up the 6 series. Then again they are upgrading it later this year with the same Tech as the 8. TV's right now are killing me.
For me it was a done deal and I more or less decided on a LG C9 77" until this morning... Then I saw this TCL Vidrian and current 8 series. Now I'm waffling. TCL seems to really take this seriously (based off the responsiveness to issues in this thread). I just hope they don't wait until September to release.

I'm going to check out the 8 series tomorrow. My guess is BB won't have this in Magnolia which means it will be all bright and I won't be able to bring content and mess with settings.

·
Premium Member
3,528 Posts
I pulled the trigger! YOLO! :eek: I'll soon be contributing to this thread as an owner!! :D
when does it arrive? What current TV are you coming from?

·
Registered
404 Posts
when does it arrive? What current TV are you coming from?
Arrives Tuesday. I'm coming from a 60" Sony ex500. It's almost 10 years old. This should be a pretty major upgrade!

So many people like to say this TV is a letdown, but actual owners seem to think it's pretty amazing. Also, the black crush is always listed as a con, but it sounds like that has been fixed?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Arrives Tuesday. I'm coming from a 60" Sony ex500. It's almost 10 years old. This should be a pretty major upgrade!

So many people like to say this TV is a letdown, but actual owners seem to think it's pretty amazing. Also, the black crush is always listed as a con, but it sounds like that has been fixed?

It’s a great TV and I’m very pleased with it. Spend time on AVS and you find people complaining about every TV.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I pulled the trigger! YOLO! :eek: I'll soon be contributing to this thread as an owner!! :D
I almost did that over last weekend, but changed my mind at the last minute. I want Vidrian tech if it provides the promised wider viewing angles due to having fewer layers. If Vidrian is not as good as promised I will pick up a 2020 6 Series 75 inch model or a 2019 8 series off the clearance rack later this year. Waiting is so hard to do, but I am going to.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great clip explaining the pros and cons of mini LED versus Dual cell. Has some references to the 2019 TCL (passive matrix) vs the new models (active matrix).

·
Registered
404 Posts
Got my TV today and have it all set up. I used the settings from rtings for now since I don't have an iPhone or Pixel. I turned on some 4K Youtube demo videos and I was BLOWN AWAY! Right now I'm watching hockey on Comcast cable, so obviously it doesn't look as good, but I have to be honest, I'm seeing some jailbars when the camera pans :( I thought the 8 Series wasn't going to have those? Anybody else see them?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Got my TV today and have it all set up. I used the settings from rtings for now since I don't have an iPhone or Pixel. I turned on some 4K Youtube demo videos and I was BLOWN AWAY! Right now I'm watching hockey on Comcast cable, so obviously it doesn't look as good, but I have to be honest, I'm seeing some jailbars when the camera pans :( I thought the 8 Series wasn't going to have those? Anybody else see them?
I was about to pull the trigger with that code, but - what is a "jailbar" pattern?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was about to pull the trigger with that code, but - what is a "jailbar" pattern?

DSE or “jail bars” are inherent to LCD panels, but how pronounced they are is extremely variable. When people talk about the “panel lottery” they are primarily referring to uniformity and DSE issues. Jail bars are typically only visible when a large single color is being being displayed on the screen (golf, hockey, sky shots, etc).

If they bother you, and you watch a lot of hockey or golf, I would say exchange the TV.

·
Registered
404 Posts
DSE or “jail bars” are inherent to LCD panels, but how pronounced they are is extremely variable. When people talk about the “panel lottery” they are primarily referring to uniformity and DSE issues. Jail bars are typically only visible when a large single color is being being displayed on the screen (golf, hockey, sky shots, etc).

If they bother you, and you watch a lot of hockey or golf, I would say exchange the TV.

How does one even go about exchanging a monster 75" TV? I watch a lot of hockey, and I'm thinking I might have to exchange this one :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
How does one even go about exchanging a monster 75" TV? I watch a lot of hockey, and I'm thinking I might have to exchange this one :(

Contact TCL directly and send them pictures. They swapped a 65in 6 Series for me after I sent them pictures of the “jail bars.”

·
Registered
404 Posts
Contact TCL directly and send them pictures. They swapped a 65in 6 Series for me after I sent them pictures of the “jail bars.”

That's pretty awesome. How do they handle the packing and shipping and all that? Do you have to do it yourself? I'm still trying to decide what I want to do. The TV looks amazing for most content, it's just the hockey games so far where I'm seeing some bad screen uniformity. Maybe I was expecting perfection where I shouldn't have? I did just also get a 55" 625 that seems to have really good uniformity.

(Removed pictures because TCL contacted me, and I don't want to bad-mouth an otherwise great TV and company)

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's pretty awesome. How do they handle the packing and shipping and all that? Do you have to do it yourself? I'm still trying to decide what I want to do. The TV looks amazing for most content, it's just the hockey games so far where I'm seeing some bad screen uniformity. Maybe I was expecting perfection where I shouldn't have? I did just also get a 55" 625 that seems to have really good uniformity.

Here's a few pictures I took during tonight's game:

They sent someone to the house with the new TV and he took the old one. He set it up and I was able to test it out before signing for the new one.

Based on the your pictures, I would exchange it.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
They sent someone to the house with the new TV and he took the old one. He set it up and I was able to test it out before signing for the new one.

Based on the your pictures, I would exchange it.

TCL picked it up as part of their warranty service?

181 - 200 of 1392 Posts