AVS Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2514 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found this:

Go to 23:15 - 25:15 in the video! Discusses TCL OD ZERO leak!

Also this:

Model numbers sound like Europe, but still it discusses the TCL OD ZERO technology.
Looks like it will be released at the end January from my understanding and hopefully sub $2000 for 4k and sub $3000 for 8k could help knock samsung down a peg but like some of the features samsung released 12 bit color and gaming wise and sony tvs look like revamp from last year models more 2.1, larger OLED, and new chip. LG will still push OLED over the new release mini led QNED will see if they actually put effort into that tv. P.S. Hopefully TCL will be 12 bit color since they are using similar technology as samsung.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
is Samsung adding Dolby Vision? If not - No dice.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
The one year return window on my TCL TV disappeared and no longer shows it is available for return. Guess something changed again.

·
Registered
TCL 75Q825 - Onkyo 696 - 5.2.2 - Sierra1 FCR, SVS Prime Elevation SS + FH, Rythmik LV12F x 2
163 Posts
The one year return window on my TCL TV disappeared and no longer shows it is available for return. Guess something changed again.
Mine shows but when I click it it says null in the next page.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I bought mine the 7th. See if it disappears in 3 days. I do not even have the Support Options box anymore.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Has anyone confirmed the Q825 will indeed correctly display 120 FPS? My son is playing Fortnite on his Xbox Series X, it says it’s outputting 120 FPS, my Denon 3700 says it is receiving and outputting 1080p120, but my son swears it only looks like 60 FPS. I gotta be honest, I can’t tell one bit of difference. Anyone know a correct answer I can give my son as to whether or not the Q825 actually handles 120 FPS?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Has anyone confirmed the Q825 will indeed correctly display 120 FPS? My son is playing Fortnite on his Xbox Series X, it says it’s outputting 120 FPS, my Denon 3700 says it is receiving and outputting 1080p120, but my son swears it only looks like 60 FPS. I gotta be honest, I can’t tell one bit of difference. Anyone know a correct answer I can give my son as to whether or not the Q825 actually handles 120 FPS?
Howdy,

The 825 has a 120Hz panel for cinematic movie watching but will not accept a 120Hz input.

Hope that helps

Bruce

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don’t quite understand what that means. Are you basically saying it will only show 120Hz video output from movies in the native Roku apps?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Now FPS and HZ are different things, but a 120hz refresh rate screen can greatly reduce visible judder from a 24 fps movie. I think that is close.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Not Impressed - Glad I got the Series 8. No room for an 85" here. IF they fixed the FALD algorithm for the 6 series, maybe the 8K would compete. I would think, however, if they fixed the algorithm, it would already be pushed out in a firmware upgrade to the Series 8. Will have to wait and see what visual difference the ODZero thing brings. I dont normally watch TVs from the side, so the thickness is NOT important to me.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Code:
https://youtu.be/9BmwTQnxXMY
Code:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BmwTQnxXMY
TCL 2021 CES
North America Spotlight presentation
posted on YouTube early!

Go 23 minutes in for the TV stuff.

Also, this article sums up the 30 minutes North America Presentation:

There's a huge page break in the middle -- so keep scrolling to see all the article.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Code:
https://youtu.be/9BmwTQnxXMY
Code:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9BmwTQnxXMY

TCL 2021 CES
North America Spotlight presentation
posted on YouTube early!

Go 23 minutes in for the TV stuff.
I have to laugh. Seems everything "later this year" is 8K, but they put the video up in 1080p

Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
So @ChazzMatt , which one you looking at? The thin 6 series or the 85" ones? I was liking the Atmos wireless soundbars. Gonna have to check them out.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Not to steal anyone's thunder, but this is the discussion from another thread:
OK now I can't release some info insiders info brought to me, I don't know how true it is but everything I was told came true so far. If you look at my earlier post prior to today everything was true so I'm not going to doubt it now.

The xl collection and pricing
4 series 85" under 1600.00 dollars release date late March
5 series 85" under 2000.00 dollars release date late April/May
8 series 85" under 3300.00 dollars release date late May/June
(US market series equivalent)
I do not know the exact pricing but all the information is tentative.

The 6 series 8k is going to be 55, 65, 75 inch. Pricing starting at around 999.99 dollars maxing out at under 2000 dollars.

TCL has another super high end tv that will launch 4qtr 2021 the info is super tight on it but it's ultra high end and has all the tech announcements from today plus much more.
The ultra high end is not the 8 series, the 8 series is the third version of the xl collection. The 8k 8 series is will be the top TV until late 4qtr. The 8 series is TCL official flagship, know as od zero overseas. The 8 series is 8k only. There is no more 4k 8 series it was shelved.

Knowing TCL it might not even launch that super high end unannounced TV in a America in 2021 but it will be announced somewhere in 2021. The super high end TV has nothing to do with today's announcements. It's unannounced.
Thanks to @randy1911! His information has been totally correct!

Sounds like a 9 series is coming sometime.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
That would put the 6 series 55" at about the same price point at Vizio's OLED. Guessing the 65" about the same. The 75" would be the same price the 2019 8 series has been selling at. Are they mini-LEDS? I get confused with all this series crap. So far, all I can tell is that I would get 8K instead of 4K, and a thinner TV, neither of which would be of any concern to me. If they didnt have 4X the mini-LED zones, the 8K would be dimmer than the 4K would it not?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
About 33% of the time I switch to a DirecTv 4K channel, the sound doesnt work...then when I reset the soundbar, when it comes back on, the TV screen goes blank for about 45 second, and the entire TV reboots. What would cause that?

2461 - 2480 of 2514 Posts