AVS Forum banner

641 - 660 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
My set pushed blues so badly that on the 709 color calibration slide, the entire blue strip was clipped. All of the colors clipped portions originally, so I turned the color setting down to 45 which helped red and green completely, but blue still clips part of the spectrum. I probably won’️t calibrate it either, but it’️s definitely an issue.
I think this TV uses blue LEDs. I'm wondering if that's the issue. I've had to turn my color down even further to combat the issue. I think my color is set at 38 or 40.
I would bet that you’re right about that being the issue. I originally turned mine down to 40 or 42 which corrected it completely, but the picture turned a little dull. I decided to deal with a little bit of blue over saturation and upped it back to 45.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Check out Stop The Fomo's shootout video with the TCL 8, and pay attention to the 12 minute mark.

Do you guys experience the same effect?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Check out Stop The Fomo's shootout video with the TCL 8, and pay attention to the 12 minute mark.

Do you guys experience the same effect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PAYqhvwppc&feature=youtu.be&t=737
I don't notice it here but they've done a few updates since his set. Most of the time they are just updating Roku apps but I got one update that took a while and was saying all kinds of crazy things onscreen. I also think for a VA panel it doesn't look horrible off axis a bit. It does crush blacks a bit depending on what your watching but I'll take it for the inky blacks and pop I get from it. As far as the over saturated colors I noticed it more on reds with my set but I just turned down the color level from 50 to 45 and they still look intense but you can see the finer shades instead of just a red glow of bright neon red.
My hisense before this the reds always looked too purple or something and I played with all the advanced settings and got it to where I could live with it and was happy for the cheap price. This set is on a whole other level though and I love finding good HDR demos just to enjoy how nice it looks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bought the 75" on the 4th sale from best buy, was too good of a deal to pass up for this much tv, set it up by myself last night (not as easy task) and played with it a little, this is a huge upgrade from my 2017 Sony, first "HDR" tv I've had that actually looks HDR!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Bought the 75" on the 4th sale from best buy, was too good of a deal to pass up for this much tv, set it up by myself last night (not as easy task) and played with it a little, this is a huge upgrade from my 2017 Sony, first "HDR" tv I've had that actually looks HDR!
Why, it was not an easy task?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Why, it was not an easy task?
Because this tv is a beast to move around by yourself

·
Registered
395 Posts
Anyone notice local dimming artifacts like zones darkening when they shouldn't? Saw a review mentioning this.

Been noticing it only on Netflix DV content. At the top and bottom of the screen on dark 16:9 content the set acts as if there are letterbox bars, and then they flash until the scene brightens up.

A favorite HDR demo video of mine is this one of Las Vegas:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone notice local dimming artifacts like zones darkening when they shouldn't? Saw a review mentioning this.
Only when using Bright HDR.
Hey man, WRECK 'EM!
GUN’S UP!

Always good to see another Tech fan around.

Alright, my 8 Series is no longer wanting to play Amazon Prime content in HDR. Definitely clicked on the right title and works fine on my 6 Series in the bedroom. It’s something that’s only popped up in the last week or so.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Yep. I got the same issue. Tried to watch Hanna a few days ago and it didn’t kick the tv into HDR mode.

Reactions: TxTchRR

·
Registered
64 Posts
641 - 660 of 883 Posts