AVS Forum banner

821 - 840 of 1418 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has anyone else had any issues getting cec to work? On both my ps4 and sheild they show up in the cec list,but I can't control them with the remote. If I turn the tv off the ps4 will go to sleep,if I turn the ps4 on the tv will turn on,but I just can not control the either with the remote.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Its worth every penny!!! Id avoid the vizio.the 2021 model had some major issues with motion in a Linus tech tips review. And the 2020 tv has issues with led flicker.
Might be a little early to call the Vizio PQX as having issues. Linus had a pre-production model; I'd wait for someone to review with an off the shelf unit. People are just getting them now; so we'll know more shortly. I had seen someone had DSE/jailbars on theirs and returned it. But that's sadly normal for most LCD TVs... I'm waiting to see a review from a purchased unit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Might be a little early to call the Vizio PQX as having issues. Linus had a pre-production model; I'd wait for someone to review with an off the shelf unit.
True,however you really can't just snap your fingers and fix a motion issue like that.besides every vizio Ive looked into has had issues like this.the m65-c1 I had from 16-end of 17 was very similar to this as well.just horrible trying to game on that tv.

Its your cash,but my Advice is stay away from that brand.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm looking at getting this. My question is how does the adjusted settings get transferred to the TV. Manually input what the colorimeter gives you or does the TV store it somehow to the settings?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Sorry to bring this up again but 1 question before I buy. If I buy used am I able to use it on my TV. Meaning do you need a key code or can it be used on multiple displays. If it's been used and only accepts 1 display that would make it obselete?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Might be a little early to call the Vizio PQX as having issues. Linus had a pre-production model; I'd wait for someone to review with an off the shelf unit. People are just getting them now; so we'll know more shortly. I had seen someone had DSE/jailbars on theirs and returned it. But that's sadly normal for most LCD TVs... I'm waiting to see a review from a purchased unit.
The two first impressions from users in the 2020 Vizio pqx forum who got the sets already are not exactly glowing. They saw some of the same issues as Linus. One is already returning it and getting something else.

Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
405 Posts
Has anyone else had any issues getting cec to work? On both my ps4 and sheild they show up in the cec list,but I can't control them with the remote. If I turn the tv off the ps4 will go to sleep,if I turn the ps4 on the tv will turn on,but I just can not control the either with the remote.
Yeah, I've had ARC and CEC issues that I've posted about before. From what I've read, the technology is very picky when combining different devices from different companies. I'm not sure if it's the TV or my AVR causing issues.

On a side note, does anyone know if the original PS4 model is compatible with ALLM? I have mine hooked up through my AVR (Denon 4400) and I have to manually turn on Game Mode every time I play.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, I've had ARC and CEC issues that I've posted about before. From what I've read, the technology is very picky when combining different devices from different companies. I'm not sure if it's the TV or my AVR causing issues.

On a side note, does anyone know if the original PS4 model is compatible with ALLM? I have mine hooked up through my AVR (Denon 4400) and I have to manually turn on Game Mode every time I play.
All is just a feature within the tv.it reads the device id and Determines its a game console and it should have all. My tv has never automatically turned that on.

Yeah cec is wanky at times,but I've tried for a couple hours today using every configuration within the tv and both the ps4 pro and shield.no matter what I do it simply will not work.the devices will cut the tv on, they will cause the tv to switch inputs, they will go to sleep when i turn the tv off,but i cant not control them with the tvs remote.and it can't be my hardware as I'm using the same stuff as I did on my old Samsung and vizio tvs.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm not sure if the behavior is the same, but when my PC is set to report "desktop apps" instead of "fullscreen video" when switching to the HDMI # on the TV, Game Mode can't be turned off. It doesn't force it on (or even change it to on) in the menu, so it can say "off" but still actually be in game mode. The only way then to tell if it is in game mode is to test the input lag or check to see if blacks turn off completely for a blacks with local contrast high.

·
Registered
92 Posts
would any gamers buy this set now at the current price or just wait and buy a tv with 2.1 support?
I'm a gamer! Don't bet on VRR and 120hz haven much use in the nexgen consoles!

right now even top of the line very best pc video cards have a hard time doing 4k 60fps at max settings in many games,ps5 and xbsx are both rumored to be around or a notch below the current 2080, so needless to say 4k at anything above 60fps is going to be a pipe dream for anything beside games like ori and smaller indie games.those features would be nice to have,but aren't deal breakers imo.

Now this tvs motion is below average and is such a mixed bag. In games such as ghost recon wildlands on ps4 it has some weird things going on.i noticed birds in the sky haven a ghost image in game mode,and when you hop out of game mode and turn on smoothing the input lag is simply too dang high. I believe for this specific game on ps4 pro its running at 30fps and the ghost image is the tvs inserting a black frame to kinda upscale the frames to 60fps.i was going to test this theory on my pc that has a 1080ti today but didn't get around to it today.

Now funny enough Platformers,FPS and fighers don't have any issues in game mode,and have next to no noticeable lag.

Nba 2k20 on ps4 pro plays great.has a bit of motion blur and judder that can be helped by setting the smoothing and anti judder to low without any major input lag.

Horizon zero dawn plays well enough. Her head has some motion blur,but its pretty good over all in game mode.

Id say this tv isn't the best for gaming.but its certainly not the worst I've seen.if you are used to gaming on high end equipment from the pc space you better stay away.but if you are moving up from a older tv,chances are extremely high that you won't even notice its flaws.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm a gamer! Don't bet on VRR and 120hz haven much use in the nexgen consoles!

right now even top of the line very best pc video cards have a hard time doing 4k 60fps at max settings in many games,ps5 and xbsx are both rumored to be around or a notch below the current 2080, so needless to say 4k at anything above 60fps is going to be a pipe dream for anything beside games like ori and smaller indie games.those features would be nice to have,but aren't deal breakers imo.

Now this tvs motion is below average and is such a mixed bag. In games such as ghost recon wildlands on ps4 it has some weird things going on.i noticed birds in the sky haven a ghost image in game mode,and when you hop out of game mode and turn on smoothing the input lag is simply too dang high. I believe for this specific game on ps4 pro its running at 30fps and the ghost image is the tvs inserting a black frame to kinda upscale the frames to 60fps.i was going to test this theory on my pc that has a 1080ti today but didn't get around to it today.

Now funny enough Platformers,FPS and fighers don't have any issues in game mode,and have next to no noticeable lag.

Nba 2k20 on ps4 pro plays great.has a bit of motion blur and judder that can be helped by setting the smoothing and anti judder to low without any major input lag.

Horizon zero dawn plays well enough. Her head has some motion blur,but its pretty good over all in game mode.

Id say this tv isn't the best for gaming.but its certainly not the worst I've seen.if you are used to gaming on high end equipment from the pc space you better stay away.but if you are moving up from a older tv,chances are extremely high that you won't even notice its flaws.
currently have a q70r and its great for gaming but it's a 55 inch and im looking to move up to a 65 and i've been watching this tv for a while and the price is not making it any better lol. My idea was use it mainly for movies and games for now and get a 2.1 monitor sometime down the line next year for the new consoles. the new tcl sets will be announced any day now so im stuck between getting this now or waiting lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
currently have a q70r and its great for gaming but it's a 55 inch and im looking to move up to a 65 and i've been watching this tv for a while and the price is not making it any better lol. My idea was use it mainly for movies and games for now and get a 2.1 monitor sometime down the line next year for the new consoles. the new tcl sets will be announced any day now so im stuck between getting this now or waiting lol
Well high quality movies such as dolby vision are outta this world.run of the mil 1080p-4k netflix type content is good,lower quality stuff (older tvs shows ect)the tv doesn't handle very well.its not garbage,but its a step down from samsung.some of it could be because I went from a 65 to a 75,but im noticing noise and Pixilation in lower quality content that wasn't there in the samsung. Alot of run of the mill, 1080p youtube videos have went from looking decent,to looking like they were filmed on a webcam lol.

But again taking that content and Stretching it across the larger screen does have some effect. The os I tell ya has shocked me.its fast and responsive,very well put together unlike the trash samsung os I came from.

Gaming overall is good.But expect open world type games that run at 30fps to have some Artifacts.im test some pc games that i also have on ps4 tomorrow and see if im correct about how it handles 30fps games.

Unless you get lucky on the used market on a high end set at an awesome price,I really do not believe you will find a better tv at this price point.i really can not see any tv looking better then this one with high end content.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well high quality movies such as dolby vision are outta this world.run of the mil 1080p-4k netflix type content is good,lower quality stuff (older tvs shows ect)the tv doesn't handle very well.its not garbage,but its a step down from samsung.some of it could be because I went from a 65 to a 75,but im noticing noise and Pixilation in lower quality content that wasn't there in the samsung. Alot of run of the mill, 1080p youtube videos have went from looking decent,to looking like they were filmed on a webcam lol.

But again taking that content and Stretching it across the larger screen does have some effect. The os I tell ya has shocked me.its fast and responsive,very well put together unlike the trash samsung os I came from.

Gaming overall is good.But expect open world type games that run at 30fps to have some Artifacts.im test some pc games that i also have on ps4 tomorrow and see if im correct about how it handles 30fps games.

Unless you get lucky on the used market on a high end set at an awesome price,I really do not believe you will find a better tv at this price point.i really can not see any tv looking better then this one with high end content.
I had the tcl 6 series 2018 model and loved it but eventually had to send it back because of the shutting off issue but tcl refunded me no questions asked. Most the games I play are sports games and shooters so I might not see the issues as much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Coming from a fald Sony from about seven years ago, I don’t think I can ever go back to a regular tv without local dimming. However that tv was 2800 bucks and ended having two rows of dead pixels so now it’s time to move on. I’m no longer in the position to pay that kind of money for a tv. Only have about 1000 to play with this time. so the series 8 seems like a steal until I see that upscaling doesn’t look great( yes I understand crap in crap out concept, even with being a rookie and out of this game for so long but still some sets handle the crap better), black crush issue, no local dimming on games without horrible lag , and having to set gamma to 1.8 just doesn’t seem appealing. From the looks of things the new 6 will have all the same specs but will hopefully improve some of those issues for the same price as the current price of the 8( I hope) . Also Vizio coming out with a 1300 oled, and with lg c9 dropping in price seems appealing however they are both 55inch. Decisions, decisions..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Noticed issues trying to watch Seven deadly sins season 4 episode 1. The first few seconds the black looks all blocky. Looks bad. Dropped brightness from 51 to 48 and it went back to normal. I am using a 2019 NVIDIA shield to watch it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the tcl 6 series 2018 model and loved it but eventually had to send it back because of the shutting off issue but tcl refunded me no questions asked. Most the games I play are sports games and shooters so I might not see the issues as much
Coming from a fald Sony from about seven years ago, I don’t think I can ever go back to a regular tv without local dimming. However that tv was 2800 bucks and ended having two rows of dead pixels so now it’s time to move on. I’m no longer in the position to pay that kind of money for a tv. Only have about 1000 to play with this time. so the series 8 seems like a steal until I see that upscaling doesn’t look great( yes I understand crap in crap out concept, even with being a rookie and out of this game for so long but still some sets handle the crap better), black crush issue, no local dimming on games without horrible lag , and having to set gamma to 1.8 just doesn’t seem appealing. From the looks of things the new 6 will have all the same specs but will hopefully improve some of those issues for the same price as the current price of the 8( I hope) . Also Vizio coming out with a 1300 oled, and with lg c9 dropping in price seems appealing however they are both 55inch. Decisions, decisions..
You are misinformed on many issues about this tv.

First off the local dimming DOES NOT ADD ANY LAG!! Or atleast any that i can notice.i Specifically have tested that in many games so far and I haven't noticed any lag with it set to off,low,med,or high.

Blacks are not being crushed,that was fixed back in November and I have not seen it one bit so far.

What does add some lag is the motion smoothing and antiblur options.using those are dependent on the game and YOU. For example I am now testing my pc games and getting the tv setup.i loaded up gears 4 and 5 and omg they are gorgeous. Happend to notice that smoothing and deblur were set to high,the entire time and I didn't notice any lag,and after turning them off the image didn't suffer from judder and blur as the ps4 did.

Back around the time red dead 2 came out on ps4 I had a vizio m65,and red dead ps4 played like dog **** on that tv,to the point i went out and got a samsung ks8000 hoping it would fix my gaming woes.well it really didnt.i got tired of all the Artifacts and judder so I just stopped playing. Figured id start playing gtav on ps4 again and it had many of the same issues. So I hooked up my pc to the tv and played gtav at 4k 60fps on the same tv and it didn't have any of the issues that the ps4 did.

At 30fps that consoles provide most if not all tvs have an awful time playing the games smoothly,and when you turn on the tvs Processing to Alleviate this you can get some nasty input lag.so for me once I realized this i have nearly stopped playing console games altogether.

Jedi fallen order was unplayable to me on ps4,so I picked it up on steam and its issues were gone because I can play it at 4k 60 rather then the 30fps that the ps4 can provide. It seems in open world type games for me the judder is unbearable at 30fps,however its not noticeable at all in shooters,fighters, Platformers ect because you aren't paning the camera around a huge range of objects that are at a distance.

This tv is handling games damn good in my opinion IF you stay away from the open world games at 30fps.however it suffers from the very same issues every other tv that I've had experience with does at 30fps.

821 - 840 of 1418 Posts