AVS Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 2221 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just bit the bullet and ordered the 75" Q825 from Best Buy. I decided it was worth the extra cost over the R635. I am looking forward to getting it and seeing how good it really is. I am upgrading from an old 1080p 65" LG; so it will be a huge difference.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I just don't understand why Best Buy isnt keeping any of these sets in stock. I just checked, and Memphis Tn (140 miles from here) is the closest and ONLY store than has one, and they have ONE. Best Buy is going to go out of business if they don't start keeping some stock. Our local BB has almost nothing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just don't understand why Best Buy isnt keeping any of these sets in stock. I just checked, and Memphis Tn (140 miles from here) is the closest and ONLY store than has one, and they have ONE. Best Buy is going to go out of business if they don't start keeping some stock. Our local BB has almost nothing.
Delivery might be the only way. With the massive return period that it has right now I don’t see a problem as any problems will come to light in weeks and the current return period is close to 3 months.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I wonder who and when they are going to start selling the "refurbished" units everyone is sending back...and will they really fix the issues?
Delivery would be the only way for me anyway, since I would have to rent a truck to carry it from the store to my house, but I was referring to sales. People go in and see the Samsungs and Vizios, yet no TCLs in stock. Since Best Buy appears to be the only dealer selling them, if I was TCL, I would be pissed at the lost sales by not having any eyeball space in the store.
This was my first non-Vizio ever since Panasonic stopped selling Plasma, all I have bought have been Vizios. Now Ive sold the Vizios and bought TCLs for the main room and bedroom, and still use my Plasma for my little room. I wanted to upgrade to 75" from 65", but wasnt in a big rush, but then this 25K mini-LED with 1000 dimming zones showed up. I just had to have one, since the PQ on the plasma is so awesome. I actually like the TCL better, as it is so much brighter, and the blacks, for the most part, are next to perfect. AND I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BURN IN !!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bit the bullet and ordered the 75" Q825 from Best Buy. I decided it was worth the extra cost over the R635. I am looking forward to getting it and seeing how good it really is. I am upgrading from an old 1080p 65" LG; so it will be a huge difference.
I did the same yesterday. Got an open box for $1400. The biggest problem is that the mount is lower on the TV than my 5 year old 65" 4K samsung it replaced, so it is too high on the wall. I had to order a new mount so I can lower it. The other problem is that BB doesn't deliver open box TV's, so I had to pick it up. It was too big (by far) to fit in my SUV. Had to get a Home Depot truck to bring it home.
But, I totally love it! Bright, and great blacks, and big. Even looks great during the day which my Samsung didn't

·
Registered
113 Posts
The TV is a 100 pound beast in a box. When I mounted the first one and needed to return (roku was not loading at all) I almost paid the installation for the second because of the pain it was. Got lucky with the second one, it is staying on that wall even when I sell the house. Will charge the new owners of the house installation fees at closing. ;-)

·
Registered
15 Posts
The TV is a 100 pound beast in a box. When I mounted the first one and needed to return (roku was not loading at all) I almost paid the installation for the second because of the pain it was. Got lucky with the second one, it is staying on that wall even when I sell the house. Will charge the new owners of the house installation fees at closing. ;-)
I with ya! I think my better half would say the same. She had to help me get it off the truck, into the house, and then on the wall. It is actually 160lbs in the box according to TCL website (110 for the bare TV). It is heavy AF.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did u pay $1999 if u don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Best Buy goes out of the way to prevent you from buying anything that's not Sony or Samsung or LG!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I asked this in the 6 series thread to. R635,Sony X950H, or this 8 series? I really don't like blooming. Right now I have the 6 series coming Thursday.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I asked this in the 6 series thread to. R635,Sony X950H, or this 8 series? I really don't like blooming. Right now I have the 6 series coming Thursday.
You will get blooming with all 3. It's the nature of LED Tech. If you don't want blooming you'll need to go OLED

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Will you be watching in a dark room?
I’ve had the Sony (900, not 950) and TCL 6 series in the same room. Both have their plus and minuses. Blooming in a dark room they are pretty close. If TCL continues to update the dimming algorithm either will do better due to more zones. I have a buddy with the 8 series. Honestly even though it has more zones I think the 6 and 8 are comparable. The 6 series could be considered second generation mini LED so the greater experience could be another advantage. That’s speculation though. Not sure how black crush is compared between the 6 and 8.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Did u pay $1999 if u don't mind me asking?
Yes, yesterday it was $2199 and today it was $1999. I talked to BB and they will price match anytime during the return period and right now the return period date is Jan 16, 2021. I figured I couldn't go wrong getting it today. If the price drops on BF, I can price match the set and if TCL comes out with a spectacular new model, with Viridian panels maybe, I can always return this set, if the price of the new one isn't completely out of sight. I also got the BB extended warranty, so I can play the panel lottery if needed. I hate getting something I haven't even seen in person but BB hasn't had any in the store all year and they still don't even show one within 250 miles of my location. I am scheduled currently for a Nov 5th delivery date.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Pretty much expected blooming I guess I should have asked which has the least amount.
My room could go either way with no problem. It's really kind of neutral. Do you think the Sony would be a better TV?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Pretty much expected blooming I guess I should have asked which has the least amount.
My room could go either way with no problem. It's really kind of neutral. Do you think the Sony would be a better TV?
Both great TVs, but since you're on the TCL thread, and.... Ya know...I'm here.

The 8 Series has 10x the contrast, about twice the brightness and more colorspace coverage. That's the holy trilogy of picture quality. Compare for yourself, again, both great sets, but what I spoke to above is kind the TV equivalent of "no replacement for displacement".
(Even the 6 Series is pretty comparable for half the price of the 950H)

Hope that helps,

Bruce

·
Registered
98 Posts

The 8 Series has 10x the contrast, about twice the brightness and more colorspace coverage. That's the holy trilogy of picture quality. Compare for yourself, again, both great sets, but what I spoke to above is kind the TV equivalent of "no replacement for displacement".

Hope that helps,

Bruce
Hey Bruce.
Do you know if Costco will be carrying the 6 or 8 series this year?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, yesterday it was $2199 and today it was $1999. I talked to BB and they will price match anytime during the return period and right now the return period date is Jan 16, 2021. I figured I couldn't go wrong getting it today. If the price drops on BF, I can price match the set and if TCL comes out with a spectacular new model, with Viridian panels maybe, I can always return this set, if the price of the new one isn't completely out of sight. I also got the BB extended warranty, so I can play the panel lottery if needed. I hate getting something I haven't even seen in person but BB hasn't had any in the store all year and they still don't even show one within 250 miles of my location. I am scheduled currently for a Nov 5th delivery date.
Very good
I am considering this tv!
Let us know if it works out!

·
Registered
271 Posts

Hope that helps,

Bruce
Well you have definitely given me something to think about. What about the black crush I've been hearing about, is there a fix coming?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well you have definitely given me something to think about. What about the black crush I've been hearing about, is there a fix coming?
I have been worried about this also but almost all the reviews were done when the set first came out. From the people I have seen that have done the new upgrades the black crush is supposed to be much better, as well as the blooming. I'll just have to wait and see how mine turns out.

1681 - 1700 of 2221 Posts