AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1412 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
TCL support sent a word that fix is coming. They did not specify for what though. I sent them a big list of problems I found. Unfortunately TV had to go back to the store. Dropping a price by $1k so soon and BB refusing to price match was a slap in the face. I will buy it again if it drops to same price.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think I'm glad I missed this code because I probably would have bought it.
I'm really wanting eARC and HDMI 2.1. I know LG has it but thanks to the networks I'm sure I'll get the dreaded burn-in. I'd love an OLED.
There should be a poll with just a yes or no answer: Do you like all the crap they put up on our screens such as bottom line scrolls and station logos.
I swear I need a 80'' TV just to get the 65'' picture. Enough is enough!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently got the 65” from Best Buy. Kinda disappointed overall. How do I calibrate the display without a pixel or the app? Can’t find info on how to do that at all (white balance, etc...)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I recently got the 65” from Best Buy. Kinda disappointed overall. How do I calibrate the display without a pixel or the app? Can’t find info on how to do that at all (white balance, etc...)

You can only adjust the white balance via the Roku app. The 6 Series is the same way, so I’m guessing that is how TCL handles if for all of their Roku TVs.

What are you find disappointing? I picked one up with the promo code and I’ve been pretty impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea. So I had no idea that you must have the app to really tweak the tv. As an iPhone user I’m SOL. I also have noticeable flash lighting in all 4 corners (counteracts the microled) and dse. Best Buy is sending me a new one next week

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yea. So I had no idea that you must have the app to really tweak the tv. As an iPhone user I’m SOL. I also have noticeable flash lighting in all 4 corners (counteracts the microled) and dse. Best Buy is sending me a new one next week

You just need the Roku app, which they have for iOS, not the iPQ app. Once you have the Roku app, you can white balance, gamma, noise, etc. via the Expert Settings section.

I have zero issues like you described, so good call on the replacement set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha. Just realized that. I thought I needed the ipqx app or whatever that is pixel only for now. Hopefully the new tv won’t have the same base issues that my current set has.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Any updates on the owners of this TV? Looks like the thread kind of died. I'm looking at buying one of these in the next few weeks. I really want an OLED but the screen burn and low brightness kind of kill it for me. My wife and son have a bad habit of pausing something and walking away from the tv for hours lol. This will be the living room tv. Going for the 65inch, My living room has 4 windows and opens up to the kitchen that has even more windows.This is almost only used for TV shows. (just moved into a new house and will have my theater but up in a few months) So I was thinking the extra brightness would help a lot over the OLED. Has the picture gotten any better since the firm ware updates? I'm coming for a 7-8 year old 60 inch LG LCD 1080p set. So pretty much anything I get is going to be better. Or should I just buy the TCL 625 model for half the price and be happy with that? Thanks .

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Any updates on the owners of this TV? Looks like the thread kind of died. I'm looking at buying one of these in the next few weeks. I really want an OLED but the screen burn and low brightness kind of kill it for me. My wife and son have a bad habit of pausing something and walking away from the tv for hours lol. This will be the living room tv. Going for the 65inch, My living room has 4 windows and opens up to the kitchen that has even more windows.This is almost only used for TV shows. (just moved into a new house and will have my theater but up in a few months) So I was thinking the extra brightness would help a lot over the OLED. Has the picture gotten any better since the firm ware updates? I'm coming for a 7-8 year old 60 inch LG LCD 1080p set. So pretty much anything I get is going to be better. Or should I just buy the TCL 625 model for half the price and be happy with that? Thanks .
James, the 8 series was also on my list for the same fears of burn-in due to certain images left on for long periods of time.

I decided to take the leap and brought an OLED. Sony A8G. The A8G isn't LED Bright, but it does the job. The blacks and infinite contrast are excellent. SDR content looks good and HDR content looks excellent.

I can't say how it will fair in your house with all the windows, as I only have 1 window in my viewing area.

I do see some reflection from, but the A8G does a good job keeping them minimal.

My suggestion is take a look at the 8AG at a store, if you haven't.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Looks like they are also adding eARC and VRR to “select” 2019 TVs, via firmware update.

I wasn't totally clear on that, it sounded like they only mentioned the 6 series. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't also bring those things to the 8 series though.

161 - 180 of 1412 Posts