AVS Forum banner

TCP/IP controlled AV Receivers?

8K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bTwix 
#1 ·
Is Integra the only one making a ip controlled av receiver? Im trying to build a sweet system including my iphone as the remote control, apple tv, external hard drive, new mac pc, 2 motorola cable boxes (comcast 3416), global cache gc-100-6 or 12, sling box(maybe), 4X4 true matrix hdmi switcher, 3 vse's or maybe the new aton dla4, 1 5.1 theater, zone 2 (1 pair of speakers), zone 3 (2 pair speakers) and four tv's. but i want to keep the ir controlled devices to a minimum and it would be nice if my main brain was ip controlled. I dont know yet if the gc-100 can controll multiple devices out of the same ir port as long as their not the same but if it cant i have a total of ten ir controlled devices not counting lighting. I would really like to keep my cost down and not have to add more global cache's because i already have a lot of these items or their equal i can sell online. Any insight on ip controlled devices that work reliably or any ideas on how to make this system crazy cool let me know.

P.S. One more final rant. When are they going to incorporate extra dacs in receivers so i can plug in one hdmi and have it come out zone 2 and 3 optical and analog. Then have an amplifier that has a digital in or analog in discretely for each channel pair with busing and a buffered out digital and analog!! yeah! If you know of any products let me know

See less See more
#2 ·
Take a look at Denon. Some, if not most, of their receivers can be controlled via IP.

#6 ·
I'm currently running:

eKeypad M1 (iPhone) -> ELK M1 w/ ethernet -> ELK RS-232 -> Denon CI (RS-232)

Going to upgrade to ISY99 in next month or so (currently using ISY26 for lighting only):

eKeypad ISY (iPhone) -> ISY-99 -> Global Cache GC-100-12 -> Denon CI (RS-232)

If you have a single Denon CI w/ serial, you could use a GC-100-6 or Elk IP-232 instead of GC-100-12 and save $100.

Using iPhone remote for iTunes (Windows PC) and aTV. It's so simple the wife has no issues using it (press one button in eKeypad to listen to music, then switch to iPhone remote to control iTunes).

So eKeypad ($50), ISY99 ($300), and GC-100-6 ($150) gets you programmable iPhone control of your Denon via RS-232 and a bunch of other features for future expandability (e.g. dim your lights when you hit the "movie" button on your iPhone).

Things are really coming together for iPhone home automation finally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.