AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TDS Telecom (our local telephone company) has recently laid fiber optic to the home. They have been offering telephone, very high speed internet, and digital TV. Unfortunately they did not have a DVR solution until last week.

I went into their office to see the new solution and was very surprised by what I found. Their DVR was about 1/8 the size of my Motorola MOXI. It connects to the fiber head via CAT5 cable. Features and image quality looked good.

Does anyone know anything about this DVR?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is an ADB 5810WX. The dual stream DVR has a 160Gb disk with an optic audio out, usb connections, HDMI, and a host of other video out options, also comes with a nice universal remote that is capable of learning functions from other remotes.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Our local telco (Ace Communications) is rolling out IPTV over copper. They're using the ADB-5810 HD DVR and ADB-3800 SD STB. Does anyone have information regarding multi-room viewing? According to the manufacturer's website, you can watch recorded shows on the 5810 from a 3800 elsewhere in the house. Of course, when I asked the telco rep. she said it couldn't be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts