AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My htpc has been up and running great on my 720p projector for a while. It has an amd triple core, 2 gigs ram and a 4560 video card connected via hdmi.

On my projector I had no problems playing back bluray files using tmt3. I now have this htpc hooked up to my mitsu 1080p hdtv. Now when I play back any of my bluray files using tmt3 I get tearing or horizontal lines going across the middle of the screen. It plays fine but the lines are very annoying.

Other high def content coming in from my tuner or mkv files played in vlc play fine and blurays played on my player work great.

So any ideas why I would get this video tearing? I am thinking it might be the video card as it was a fairly low end card.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar issue. I'm also using TMT3. My HTPC is an Athlon 64 X2 2.2gig, 2 gigs RAM, and 8600GT video card, running Windows 7 (just reinstalled) connected to a 50" pioneer plasma via DVI-HDMI, and a 19" LCD via DVI.

When I play any episode of Sparticus that I downloaded (.mkv), I get a band of tearing in the middle of the screen about 2" wide. If I move it to the LCD it the tearing is gone. This didn't happen before I reinstalled win7 (to remedy sound problems.) My blurays playback fine. I thought it may have something to do with the refresh rate of my nvidia card, since it shows 60Hz going to the LCD monitor, and 30Hz going to the plasma. (setting it to 24Hz doesn't help).

The last thing I did was an update to TMT3. I wonder if that player is the problem. Anyone else with this isssue, or ideas? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts