AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when expanding streamed videos to full screen, i seem to be having some mild tearing issues, and was wondering what settings i could tweak to see if i could improve anything? i have an athlon x2 240 and a sapphire radeon hd5450 set to 60hz at 1920 x 1080

(Edit: originally thought it was a frame rate issue, turns out I meant tearing, fixed my original question)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just streaming, hulu, netflix, crackle, comedy central. It may not even be a frame rate issue, it goes out to a samsung ln40b630, and on any scene with quick movement or a panning camera, it seems like the bottom 2/3 of the tv gets the picture faster than the top 1/3, so for a millisecond I have this line 2/3 of the way up the screen. Its fairly slight and it didn't really bother me until I connected my gfriends midrange laptop with an intel core 2 duo and discrete graphics and it didn't have that problem at all, what could it be?

·
Registered
377 Posts
sounds like video tearing, where a portion of the image updates before the other portion, like top half updates before bottom half is finish rendering.

iirc, its common to see tearing if you try to stream Netflix on an XP system. In Windows 7 you need to have Aero ON in order to avoid tearing in Netflix.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so now that i know what my problem actually is, I did some research, i found the settings for vertical refresh for the 5450 and turned it on. voila! currently, my problem seems to be solved! thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.