AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this hasn't been asked before I searched but didn't have any luck. First let me give you my setup

Vid Card: 7950GT 512

Monitor: Acer 22" through DVI 1

TV: Panasonic TH-50PX80U through HDMI 3 via DVI 2 (DVI to HDMI converter)

TV Mode: Clone Mode

The image looks fantastic I'm almost 100 percent satisfied. I'm sure I could tweak it for overscan etc but I don't really care and am satisfied. The only problem I'm having is getting tearing/vsync issues on the Panasonic during high motion scenes and pans. It is not present in the original files as viewed on my Acer monitor. I set the Acer at 1280x720 when viewing movies and the files I want to watch are mainly 720p MKV encodes. The media players I have tried are mpc with it present in system default and VRM9 (renderless) with use texture surfaces and render in 3D and lock back-buffer both checked. I tried Zoom Player and got the same thing and didn't mess with it. Through VLC player it is better but still present some. Can anyone suggest a setting I am missing? I would be very grateful, thanks for any help and replies.

Scott

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
hi there - I've a Panasonic Plasma

and in 60hz I had no problems, 50hz though I had horizontal tearing lines

I thought it was to do with syncs so played around with the sync frequencies in powerstrip to no avail

what fixed it in the end ? Setting Vsync in graphics drivers to ALWAYS ON

not had a problem since

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the response. I wish I could fix my prob I checked the vsync in the nvidia control panel and set it to force on. Also I set stereo display mode to Use nview clone mode to be sure. Alas the tearing horizontally is still there on high action scenes and pans. Thanks again for the reply.

Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update I finally fixed it with the latest nvidia drivers and checking the option to run video full screen on my panasonic. All looks fine now
In fact it looks great, couldn't be happier. THanks markabuckley for the reply.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts