AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unbelievably, I am a former Hitachi 5500 owner who switched to the SX21 because I was bothered by the judder and tearing on the 5500 when inputting DVI. Now I have the SX21 and I have tearing in my picture! Am I cursed or just mis-configured?

The tearing occurs near the bottom on 16x9 movies. The format needs to be 1.78. If the format is 1.85 or 2.35 the tearing is below the viewable picture. I've tried both 720P and 1080i inputs. I upgraded the firmware on the D1. The SX21 is set to 16x9.

The tearing appears like the bottom 20 or 30 lines are a split second behind the rest of the image. It appears on Ice Age and Spiderman. I suspect it would appear on any 1.78 format movies.

I'm not even sure of where to start. I emailed AVS (whom I purchased the projector from) for ideas and I am trying to get in touch with Vinc support. Does it make sense to swap D1's? If that does not work try another SX21?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've fiddled a little with the custom timings but have not been able to get a picture. I think some one using an HTPC and PowerStrip settings may have the settings that work with the SX21. I PM'd geofstro who I believe has this configuration. If I get it working I'll let you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.