AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen the following stand 'Tech-Craft GV101' for the KF-60XBR800? Would you recommend this stand or would you choose the original Sony SUG-W1 stand? I like the way it looks, but it looks like it covers the speakers, is that true? It's hard to decide since I only see it online.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
the speakers on the 50xbr and 60xbr are on the sides and back. the lower portion of the tv houses the lamp assembly and if anything, the techcraft stand as depicted in your picture looks like it will block the right side access panel (lower right grey portion of tv) to get to the lamp.

the sony stand that you mention that is made for the 50xbr and 60xbr integrates nicely into the look of the tv without blocking the front like the techcraft. in addition, the sony stand has grooves in the center of the stand to keep the tv anchored. in addition, a separate tether connects to the back of the tv with a strap and plastic connector to prevent the tv from toppling frontward...ie, if a child pulls it down from the front. (at least i think that that was sony's intention for the tether...childproofing) it's a good stand but you have to spend some time assembling it since it comes in over 10 pieces.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.