AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed a faint popping or tickin sound come from the speakers. It doesnt do it all the time though. I first noticed it while watching a netflix movie thru ps3 and then noticed it again while watchn a tv show. but it doesnt do it consitantly.

my setup:

yamaha 465

polk audios 6750s

any input would be nice cuz i still have my in store warrenty so if i need to return something i can for 30 days.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it seemed like only front speakers and only happened twice and yea both sources once with ps3 thru netflix and once with direct tv.i could most notice it thru the center but am pretty sure it was thru all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btw ive had the system on watchn tv since i orignally posted this thread and it hasnt done it once.i am thinkn maybe hdmi cable? i kinda ruled out speakers cuz if they were the prob wouldnt they do it all the time?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Something like this is going to be hard to track down. Listen to as many sources you can (cd's,movies,radio,games,etc.) and note how often it happens and on what sources. For all we know maybe it was the source making the noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think it might have been a slow stream from netflix cuz it has been working like a charm all the time except that once. thanks for the input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts