AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have had the forums split into two groups ($5k and under $5k), where should we post notes about technology which is not particular to any projector?

It seems like the only way that we can get the same exposure (and usefullness) is to post the same message to both forums. However, it would also be annoying to follow two threads on the same topic and I don't believe that the discussion would be as good either.

Is there a way to have a single thread that exists on *both* forums? That way generic threads (info on new DLP chips, rainbow discussion, hush boxes, etc) would be visible to all of the digital projection forums.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I had the same thought which is why I think this split is not a great idea. It seems to me a simpler thing would to have required that all threads regarding a specific projector have the name of that projector in the title. Then, those who aren't interested, could simply ignore those titles.

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DanHouck
I had the same thought which is why I think this split is not a great idea. It seems to me a simpler thing would to have required that all threads regarding a specific projector have the name of that projector in the title. Then, those who aren't interested, could simply ignore those titles.

Dan
That is a nice idea. In fact, the projector should almost be a different field in the topic. That way you could sort topics by projector. This may not be possible with the forum software however.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to think that the split isn't the best idea... but the owners have more experience with the forum than I do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.