AVS Forum banner
201 - 220 of 1092 Posts

·
Registered
12,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23926416

I don't like the way Auto Advance For Luminance works, I prefer 25-50-75-100 way. Set Gamut Ramp Points to 4/5/10-Steps.

I did select that, but it still asks for 100% stim first (for white and all six colors)... perhaps this change occurred in a recent CM5 update?

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Overall, I just wanted say this disk is a great calibration tool, both in CalMAN 5 and for visual test patterns. I haven't had a chance to try everything out yet, but the overall collection of patterns is quite impressive.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23926978

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23926416

I don't like the way Auto Advance For Luminance works, I prefer 25-50-75-100 way. Set Gamut Ramp Points to 4/5/10-Steps.

I did select that, but it still asks for 100% stim first (for white and all six colors)... perhaps this change occurred in a recent CM5 update?

If you want to go to the next pattern automatically after each read and not use the 'Prompt for pattern change' of CalMAN, you can do this:

Open a workflow page and select to all charts (in design mode) the Source -> Gamut Luminance.

Go to settings panel and set Gamut Ramp Points 20% 5-Step.

After that go to the single read button -> properties -> edit actions -> pre-action -> enter to action center -> add 'source - next', so you will have this action METER.READSINGLE;SOURCE.NEXT

After that select the white from the slider and start from 20%, click to single read button...... it will read 20% and after the read it will go to 40%....60%.....100%.....when select red color.....20-40-60-80-100.......green 20-40..... etc.

This is the recommenTED way im using the disk for calman.... It works exact the same with Saturations readings, so you need only to click the single read button again ang again... very simple way

·
Registered
12,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23927597

If you want to go to the next pattern automatically after each read and not use the 'Prompt for pattern change' of CalMAN, you can do this:

Open a workflow page and select to all charts (in design mode) the Source -> Gamut Luminance.

Go to settings panel and set Gamut Ramp Points 20% 5-Step.

After that go to the single read button -> properties -> edit actions -> pre-action -> enter to action center -> add 'source - next', so you will have this action METER.READSINGLE;SOURCE.NEXT

After that select the white from the slider and start from 20%, click to single read button...... it will read 20% and after the read it will go to 40%....60%.....100%.....when select red color.....20-40-60-80-100.......green 20-40..... etc.

This is the recommenTED way im using the disk for calman.... It works exact the same with Saturations readings, so you need only to click the single read button again ang again... very simple way

add auto advance without using the dialog confirmation of CalMAN (by enabling

is there any way I can get CalMAN to prompt me in the order used on the disc? I prefer the prompt method to single read/auto advance

for saturation sweeps, the sequence of the patterns requested by CalMAN and on the disc are a perfect match

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23927882

is there any way I can get CalMAN to prompt me in the order used on the disc? I prefer the prompt method to single read/auto advance

for saturation sweeps, the sequence of the patterns requested by CalMAN and on the disc are a perfect match

The problem with Pattern Prompt Dialog, by running the''Read all'' is that if one read failed for the time it was not enough for the meter to read or any accidental previous/next button use, it will screw all your previous readings, because you will have to run again the same chapter from the start. Can you please try this order II have set to Luminance Chapters, by using 'Source Next'' Command, you will see that is better and simplier that method.

But I can change this at the next version release if the users want this, no problem.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Ted!

i bought the download version of your disc...

anywhere i can get my hands on cd label for it?

(did't see anywhere on your site...or i might missed it..)

cheers!/H

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc4u  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23928641

Hi Ted!

i bought the download version of your disc...

anywhere i can get my hands on cd label for it?

(did't see anywhere on your site...or i might missed it..)

cheers!/H

Hello, I have just uploaded the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk (Version 1.0) Disk Label File.

I will inform for this the other users who bought the Digital Copy Version also.

Thank you for this detail.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23928427

The problem with Pattern Prompt Dialog, by running the''Read all'' is that if one read failed for the time it was not enough for the meter to read or any accidental previous/next button use, it will screw all your previous readings, because you will have to run again the same chapter from the start. Can you please try this order II have set to Luminance Chapters, by using 'Source Next'' Command, you will see that is better and simplier that method.

But I can change this at the next version release if the users want this, no problem.

I will give it a try, but if you can change this next release I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Hi Ted:

I just discovered if I start the 4 Step Amplitude in your disk and hit the 9 button I go directly to the rgbycm 25%,50%,75% patch color sequence. Works perfect!

Kind Regards,

JJ

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23929269

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/180#post_23928427

I will give it a try, but if you can change this next release I would appreciate it.

You can change the single read button action and add the 'Source Next' to that button action command. (METER.READSINGLE;SOURCE.NEXT)

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/210#post_23929980

Hi Ted:

I just discovered if I start the 4 Step Amplitude in your disk and hit the 9 button I go directly to the rgbycm 25%,50%,75% patch color sequence. Works perfect!

Kind Regards,

JJ

Exactly!

The ChromaPure 4-Step Amplitude Sequence is like the following:

Baseline Measurements 100% W R G B Y C M

Primany Color Amplitudes: R 25-50-75, G 25-50-75, B 25-50-75

Secondary Color Amplitudes: Y 25-50-75, C 25-50-75, M 25-50-75

But if someone has runned already the 4-Step Saturation Chapter, the re-measuring of the Baseline Measurements of Amplitude Chapter is not required.

When the 4-Step Ampitude Chapter starts, simply press the 9 button from your Blu-Ray remote and this will skip the Baseline Measurements (100% W R G B Y C M) and go directly to the first Primart Color Amplitude reading (25% Red).

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Currenty I'm Encoding the MP4 Media Files Version of the disk, it will require 2 weeks to complete; almost 300 hours of encoding needed because I'm using the highest quality settings available.

Media Player Edition of the Disk will be useful for profiling/calibrating/evaluating other than Blu-Ray Sources, like Satellites, Media Players etc. for Video Range Signal (16-235 Levels)

MP4 Files Featured Contents Link (For LightSpace/CalMAN/ChromaPure Users)

·
Registered
12,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/210#post_23930317

You can change the single read button action and add the 'Source Next' to that button action command. (METER.READSINGLE;SOURCE.NEXT)

I think simply selecting auto advance does the same thing.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/210#post_23935797

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/210#post_23930317

I think simply selecting auto advance does the same thing.

Your notice is correct! I just tryed it and It's working very well. Thanks for that tip.

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/210#post_23935365

Currenty I'm Encoding the MP4 Media Files Version of the disk, it will require 2 weeks to complete; almost 300 hours of encoding needed because I'm using the highest quality settings available.

Media Player Edition of the Disk will be useful for profiling/calibrating/evaluating other than Blu-Ray Sources, like Satellites, Media Players etc. for Video Range Signal (16-235 Levels)

MP4 Files Featured Contents Link (For LightSpace/CalMAN/ChromaPure Users)

Thanks Ted for the news

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just ordered the disc and i am really interested in testing it. Question: Is it possible to download media files for my media player later? Is there a download link possible without paying a second time?

Thank you. Nice work Ted.

@Edit: I saw that this is already in progress correct? So there will be a download link later for buyers of the disc?

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTurbo  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/210#post_23938383

I just ordered the disc and i am really interested in testing it. Question: Is it possible to download media files for my media player later? Is there a download link possible without paying a second time?

Thank you. Nice work Ted.

@Edit: I saw that this is already in progress correct? So there will be a download link later for buyers of the disc?

Hello and thank you for your order, your envelope is ready for shipping.

The MP4 Media Files Edition will be a separate order from the 2 current ones, the disk copy and the digital bluray iso.

The cost will be 15$ for the download link of the mp4 version, because it's not a simple encoding from m2ts files to mp4.

For my all current or future users of Blu-Ray Disk Copy or Digital Downloaded ISO, i will offer it for 10$.

MP4 files will be created from the original source files (over 300 hours of encoding needed because of the extreme quality settings i have set to the encoder)

I have to create from the start 705 new files for calman and 139 new files for chromapure.(each file will have one color patch, navigation will be by using your media player remote buttons previous-next only)

this creation of these new MP4 850 files will take me a lot of time/work for me to do this, that's the reason it will be a separate download and will require a new order.

I'm expecting to have the MP4 Version ready in early December.

·
Registered
979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD  /t/1454804/teds-lightspace-cms-calibration-disk/210#post_23940684

Hello and thank you for your order, your envelope is ready for shipping.

The MP4 Media Files Edition will be a separate order from the 2 current ones, the disk copy and the digital bluray iso.

The cost will be 15$ for the download link of the mp4 version, because it's not a simple encoding from m2ts files to mp4.

For my all current or future users of Blu-Ray Disk Copy or Digital Downloaded ISO, i will offer it for 10$.

MP4 files will be created from the original source files (over 300 hours of encoding needed because of the extreme quality settings i have set to the encoder)

I have to create from the start 705 new files for calman and 139 new files for chromapure.(each file will have one color patch, navigation will be by using your media player remote buttons previous-next only)

this creation of these new MP4 850 files will take me a lot of time/work for me to do this, that's the reason it will be a separate download and will require a new order.

I'm expecting to have the MP4 Version ready in early December.

Thanks Ted. I hope this will flow with the PCH A-400. fingers crossed. I've yet to find mp4's that work.

201 - 220 of 1092 Posts